Tuesday 28 August 2012

Gastro Cafe @ SS15, Subang Jaya

Was really in the mood to try Hainanese Chicken Chop today and I tried Google to see if I can get any good recommendations ...and many suggestions pointed me to this restaurant in Subang Jaya.

Gastro Cafe at SS 15, Subang Jaya
Well, I felt that since many people out there recommended this place, surely it has to be good. We set out late evening heading to this place for dinner. It was not so difficult to find as I had the full address and used my GPS to guide me all the way to the doorstep.

They occupy two shop lots and at night, most of the other neighboring shops are already closed, hence they are the only visible strong lighting that you may be able to sight and this is a plus point when your driving and looking out for this place.

Simple and cosy interior


Parking was not difficult at night. Inside the restaurant, it was simple and cosy. The lady boss greeted us and I can see that she is the owner and she tries to build rapport with her customers. Not sure if she does it to all or only to a selected few as I was one who was carrying a huge SLR and was already taking photographs of her shop from outside.

Endorsement by the Jalan Jalan Cari Makan Team


There was a huge signboard outside the shop, a marking that the Jalan Jalan Cari Makan Team had already visited this shop and endorsed them. That was cool and I was pleased as I was on the right track in search of good Hainanese food. 

As for me, my mind was already made up as to what I wanted to eat. I glanced through their menu and was impressed they served quite a number of Hainanese food options. Without further hesitation, I ordered the Hainanese Chicken Chop and Angie ordered Hainanese Curry Mee. 

Hainanese Curry Mee @ RM 6.50
The first to arrive was the curry mee. It surely looks delicious and the aroma was great. Angie was surely pleased with her curry mee but in an honest note, it is not the best I have tasted. I would rank this 7/10 which is still a good score.

Hainanese Chicken Chop @ RM 10.00
Within a few minutes, came the chicken chop that I had ordered. Yes, it does follow the usual Hainanese style and it comes with a slice of bread. The chicken portion is large and it comes with the usual add ons of potato's, peas and onion gravy. However, my benchmark is always set to the Chicken Chop available at my hometown, as to which I have posted an entry a few days ago. I would always rate the latter at 10/10 and this I will give a 7/10. Anyway, most of the Hainanese Chicken Chop available in Kuala Lumpur is fried instead of it being grilled.

Cendol @ RM 5.00
After dinner, called for a cendol as desert. As you can see from above, the cendol was good and decently priced at RM 5.00 .  Taste was 8/10 . 

On the whole, this is a great place in Subang Jaya where you can get good and decently priced Hainanese food. Surely would recommend to try this place.

Address:
No. 4 & 6, SS 15/4B,
47000 Subang Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: +603 5611 3171


3 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for dining in Gastro Cafe, we appreciate for your continue visit us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, shall definitely have a look :)

    ReplyDelete