Wednesday 19 September 2018

Aman Hainanese Chicken Rice @ Medan, Indonesia

As I was looking for a famous place to have lunch this afternoon, I came across this Chicken Rice place that has been voted as the number one Hainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant in Medan. And the best part is that this restaurant was so close to my hotel. Having learnt about this place, I decided to drop by for lunch. 

Look Out For The Signage Along Jalan S. Parman

The Restaurant

Huge Dining Space
Aman Hainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant is located along Jalan S. Parman. From the outside, it looks like a very small restaurant but once you're inside, your perception of this place would totally change. They occupy two shop lots and the entire dining space is air-conditioned. Even this afternoon, they were full house when I arrived and I had to wait a while before being able to occupy a table. 

The Menu


Their Menu is rather simple, just the traditional Hainanese Chicken Rice with BBQ Chicken, Char Siew and Siew Yuk and a handful of other add on's. Prices are not cheap but you pay for the fame. They have a good variety of fruit juices as well. Service was speedy and the staffs were very efficient. 

Fresh Orange

Clear Soup

And It Comes With Potatoes
It was a hot afternoon and I decided to go for some Fresh Orange. Yes, I know that the colour is different but truly that's the colour in Indonesia. I am not sure why the difference but that is the actual colour of the fruit without any artificial colouring. Taste wise, it was excellent and my rating for this drink shall be 9/10. The set meal also comes with some clear soup and surprisingly, here they add potatoes to the soup. The flavours of the soup was good too and the authenticity of preparation was clearly visible. 9/10 would be my rating for this soup. 

Rice Set
In Indonesia, the Hainanese Rice does not come alone. There are some sides that comes along with it which was rather different for me as I have not seen this anywhere in Malaysia and even Singapore. Must be something that is unique to Indonesia. The rice itself was excellent and very nicely done. I would give that 9/10. On the sides, there were some sliced cucumber, steamed Kangkung, Potato Sambal, Boiled Tea Eggs and a concoction of some spicy green chilli paste with some onions. Very unique I would say. 

Assorted Meat
This assorted meat platter comes with some Steamed Chicken, Char Siew, BBQ Chicken and Siew Yuk. I found their Steamed Chicken to be nice and I would give it a 8/10. Their BBQ Chicken was a tad too sweet but the meat was tender and nice. This too deserves a rating of 8/10. Their Char Siew was better and this I would give it a 9/10. Their Siew Yuk was the best. It was so good and it would be a shame if I gave it anything less that 10/10. 

When in Medan, Indonesia and if you would like to try the local version of Hainanese Chicken Rice, I would recommend visiting Aman Hainanese Chicken Rice that is located along Jalan S. Parman. The place is mostly crowded and I would recommend coming in early as their meat variety tends to sell out quite fast. Very good food that is not to be missed. 

Address: Jl. Letjen S. Parman. Petisah Tengah, Medan Petisah, Kota Medan, Sumatera Utara,
                 Indonesia.

Business Hours: 0900 - 2000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment