Friday 6 February 2015

Heart Lock Cafe @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Heart Lock Cafe is a Malay Restaurant that is located in Taman Universiti, Tanjung Malim that serves budget meals. I have tried to visit them a number of times before and unfortunately, every time I come here, they were already closed for the day. As I was in Tanjung Malim slightly early, I decided to head here for a late lunch. 

Heart Lock Cafe in Taman Universiti, Tanjung Malim

Interior Of The Restaurant

Well Designed Cafe

Spacious
This restaurant is located not on the road fronting row of shops but at the block that faces the back entrance to UPSI. Once you turn into Taman Universiti, instead of turning left to the famous row of restaurants, just keep going straight. Within 100 meters, you would be able to see a 7 Eleven on your left. Keep going till the very end of the row. This restaurant occupies the last unit along this same row. Parking is much easier here and it is easily available all day long. When I arrived here, I was impressed with the decor. I never expected this restaurant to be this beautifully designed as I have always seen it from the outside when it was closed. It was simple, modern and nice to look at. There was also a TV for customers' entertainment. 

Class A For Cleanliness

Ordering Is Done Here

Prices Of Meal Sets

Buy 9 Free 1
I had mentioned earlier that this was a budget restaurant. How they operate is quite simple. They have four different simple meal sets. Three sets are priced at RM 3.00 each and the last set is priced at RM 3.99 . The first set is a noodle dish and this comes with an omelette. The next three sets are rice based sets and this comes with an omelette as well.The last dish is slightly more pricey as it comes with a piece of beef. All meals come with unlimited drinks which is a selection of either Blackcurrant Juice or Sirap Limau. Other drinks like Tea and Coffee are available as well but this is an add on. Another good thing here is that they have their own loyalty cards. Which means that every meal you buy entitles you to one stamp and when a card has nine stamps, that entitles the holder to a free meal which can be redeemed on any other day or even the same day. One is required to place the orders at the counter as it a 100% self service restaurant. Once you have confirmed the order, you would then need to pay for them and then a plastic cup is handed over to you to get your own drinks. Once the food is ready, they would notify you and then you would need to self collect. Simple and practical concept that minimises their overheads. 

Drinks Counter

Sirap Limau
Just like the others, I too paid for my meal and collected my drink. Since there are no limitations on the number of refills, I decided to try their Sirap Limau first. The Sirap Limau was very good. I was expecting a watered down version as it was free flowing but in contrary, the drink impressed me. Perfectly fixed drink served cold. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Set Meal 2 @ RM 3.00
I went for Set Meal 2 as I was in the mood for some rice. This was priced at RM 3.00 (including the drinks) and came with Pandan Rice, a large Omelette, Ikan Bilis Sambal and some Tapioca Chips. As you can observe, the food is placed on a plastic sheet to avoid the plate from becoming dirty. Do note that you are expected to throw the litter in the place provided and return the plate to the tray counter which is located on the right side of the restaurant, not very far from where the food counter was. 

Pandan Rice
The Pandan Rice was absolutely delicious. Tasted creamy and the portion was huge. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Ikan Bilis Sambal
The Anchovies Sambal was not spicy. Being a Malay restaurant, I expected it to be spicy but it was not. Nevertheless, it still tasted good. I would rate this at 7.5/10 .

Omelette
The Omelette however was dry and not up to my liking. Can be improvised with some sliced onions which would not cost them anything much. I would rate this at 5/10 .

Tapioca Chips
Their Tapioca Chips were good as well. They were crispy, recently fried and tasted great. I would rate these at 8/10 .

Blackcurrant Drink
After my meal, I went to top up the drinks again and this time, I had some Blackcurrant Drink. Just like the earlier one, this too was very good. Once again, a non watered down version and was served ice cold. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

When I was dining here, this place was very much patronised by the University students and staffs alike. This kind of pricing is definitely a boon to these students who live on a budget. The food was good too. Being a working adult, I would not mind coming here a few times a week to have budget meals but not on a daily basis. The meal sets were limited to four varieties only and being a non beef eater, this limits me to only three. Personally, I would not want to eat the same thing day in and day out but for students, this is a fantastic offer. Definitely a place worth trying.

Address: No. 31, Jalan U1/1, Taman Universiti, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +6018 570 7808

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heartlockcafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment