Monday 9 February 2015

Restoran K. P. Mohamed @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

The past few days, I have been busy visiting a number of Indian Muslim Restaurants in town simply to find the best Mee Goreng in Tanjung Malim. Till date, I have visited four of them and this is the fifth restaurant that I am visiting. This restaurant too is an offspring of the Ghani legacy and is located at the new block in Taman Intan Setia. 

Restaurant K.P Mohamed in Taman Intan Setia

Very Much The Same Design as his Sibling's Restaurants

Interior Of The Restaurant

Way Heading To The Kitchen
The advantage that this restaurant has is the ample parking spaces that is available surrounding the restaurant. Despite being away from town, they still have their own customer base, though not as great as the other restaurants. When I arrived here, I was not too happy with the staffs as they were standing at the entrance which is already narrow and chit chatting without being bothered about customers. I was trying to enter the restaurant and despite having noticed me, they did not move an inch. I deliberately had to push one of them aside in order to enter. Well, these are just some of those new employees. The old employees here are all my childhood friends and they were the ones who were busy working. I wonder if the boss notices all these. Anyway, I just went on and took a place in the restaurant while greeting my friends who were smiling at me having not seen me for at least a few years now. 

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.20
I ordered a glass of Teh Tarik and it was sent in a matter of minutes. The Tea here was not up to my expectations. Usually the Tea at Indian Muslim restaurants is good and I was surprised when I tasted it. It was very mild, insufficient tea leaves and too much sugar. A failed glass of tea this was and I would rate this at 6/10 .

Mee Goreng @ RM 3.50

Mee Goreng @ RM 3.50
I ordered a plate of Mee Goreng and it was priced at RM 3.50 which is standard across town. The Mee Goreng too was not good. Ingredients were insufficient and it tasted quite bland. Very disappointed with this dish and I would rate this at 6/10 . Till date, this is the worst Mee Goreng that I have tasted in Tanjung Malim.

Rojak @ RM 3.50

Rojak @ RM 3.50
I also ordered a packet of Rojak to be taken away. Guess what, the Rojak was spoiled and had a pungent stench. This is the first time that I have experienced this with any of the Indian Muslim restaurants in town. Never in all these 40 years of being here has this ever happened. With that kind of stench, the person preparing the dish for sure would have been able to notice it too and I wonder if he had any conscience when packing this for me. Terrible! I would rate this at 0/10 . Horrible experience! 

Mee Hoon Goreng @ RM 3.80

Mee Hoon Goreng @ RM 3.80

Mee Hoon Goreng @ RM 3.80
Besides the Rojak, I also took away a packet of Mee Hoon Goreng which is supposed to be for my parents'. Their Mee Hoon Goreng was also horrible. No, this was not spoilt but it had no taste at all. It was like eating raw Mee Hoon. There was no salt , spices or any other condiments that I could taste. Even the look of it was not appetising at all. The Lime that was provided too seemed to look like it had been purchased a month back. A very bad Mee Hoon Goreng and I would rate this at 1/10 .

Going forward, I am definitely not going to return to this particular restaurant. I am deeply surprised to experience this at one of Ghani's son's restaurant. A horrible dining experience and a big NO to this restaurant.

Address: No. 3, Jalan Intan Setia 1, Taman Intan Setia, 35900 Tanjung Malim,
                Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2100 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment