Friday 11 March 2016

Hoagies Hauz @ NU Sentral, Kuala Lumpur

Thought of catching a movie this evening and popped in to NU Sentral Mall. Having bought our movie tickets, we still had about an hour left and neither one of us have had our lunch.Well, my heart urges me to head out to Brickfields for a sumptuous Banana Leaf Meal but my mind says that that would be a terrible idea as I wouldn't want to sleep off during the movie and moreover, one hour wasn't really enough for us to get there, have our meal and return in time for the show. Having tried most of the places here, I decided on giving this Hoagies place a try. They have been around for almost a year now and are located right beside the GSC cinema on Level 5. And the idea of having Hoagies seemed good as it would be very much a light meal and perfect timing wise as well.

The Outlet on Level 5

Simple Yet Elegant

Beautiful Design

Set Meals Were Available
Once I reached the cafe, I saw that they had a number of set meal's available and the lady boss was urging me to give them a try, notably their Chicken Chop as that is apparently one of their signature dishes along with the Buttermilk sauce. Seduced by the idea, we thought of going along. So, we got one Mushroom Chicken Chop and one Buttermilk Chicken Chop and these came with a tall glass of Lemonade each. The place was nicely decorated, not too fancy but practical. Once the orders were placed at the cashier, just like a typical cafe, we had to pay first and a number was provided to be placed on the table. 

Lemonade
In a matter of minutes, our drinks were served. I guess they might have had these prepared as it seemed to be the only drink available for the set meals. The Lemonade was truly awesome, concentrated and with a bold tangy aftertaste. Loved it and I would rate this at 9/10 .

Mushroom Chicken Chop @ RM 17.80

Grilled Chicken Topped With Mushroom Sauce
It took them a while to prepare this Mushroom Chicken Chop but the wait wasn't too long. It came with a large chunk of grilled chicken, some salad and potato dressed with mayonnaise. I was very impressed with the portion size as it was really huge. The chicken was grilled and that was a plus point. I don't really fancy those deep fried ones as it isn't really an authentic preparation and those should invariably be termed as Chicken Maryland instead of chops. The chicken tasted good and seemed to be pre marinated with some spices. That was a great idea and so the dish didn't have to solely rely on the sauce alone. The mushroom sauce was a medium bodied one and came with some diced button mushrooms. In my opinion, this sauce might be a commercial one and not one that they prepared themselves as it does taste quite similar to Campbells. Anyway, that's just a guess based on the taste. As a complete dish, it was good no doubt and I would rate this at 8/10 .

Buttermilk Chicken Chop @ RM 17.80

Generous Topping Of Buttermilk
Just like the earlier dish, this Buttermilk Chicken Chop came with those sides too and with a generous topping of Buttermilk. Goodness.... this was really good and I very much enjoyed the sauce. Sweet, creamy and delicious. A unique preparation it was and I loved it. This, I would rate at 9.5/10 .

Salad
Their Salad was very impressive and it came with a dash of lemon. One of the best salad's that I have tried. Simple yet tasty. It really takes a great amount of skill to get a simple dish like this to taste so good. I would rate their Salad at 9.5/10 .

Potato
These steamed potato's were another treat and they were served with some mayonnaise and topped with carrots. A cold dish and it was very good. The potato cubes were steamed to just the right level, when it was not too soft and not too hard and just the right bite size. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Our Bill For The Day
It is just surprising how I came here for hoagies, got diverted to try their Chicken Chop sets and was pleased with that decision. The portions were good, the prices reasonable and a great place to have a conversation over a meal. Definitely a place that I would recommend.

Address: L5-11, Level 5, NU Sentral Mall, No. 201, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, 
                50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment