Tuesday 26 April 2016

Grill 2 Chill @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Here we have another new Western Restaurant that had commenced business in the ever growing food population of Taman Universiti, Tamjung Malim. Good that now we are having more food options but I am just afraid that this might dilute the customer population among the businesses. Anyway, it is all about healthy competition and me as a customer would never say no to greater food options. 

The Restaurant Along Jalan U1, Taman Universiti, Tanjung Malim

Big Screen Projector TV

A Nice Set Up
The restaurant is located along the main block itself and is easily noticeable. Parking as usual can be an issue here but if you're willing to walk a little, then you could always find bays further up along the road. The place was simple and nice with a projector TV running movies. It was a weekday when I dropped by and even then, the number of customers were quite encouraging. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Their offer on the menu was good. A good range of western dishes along with some local dishes and they were all very reasonably priced. Service was good too as the waiters were fairly quick to attend to customers. 

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.50

Asam Boi @ RM 1.80
The Iced Teh O as usual is mostly a staple drink in most Malay restaurants and the preparation here was equally good. The Iced Asam Boi again is another simple preparation and I felt that that too was equally decent. For both the drinks, I would rate them at 7.5/10 .

Grilled Chicken Chop @ RM 9.90

Top View Of The Dish
For RM 9.90 , I would say that the portion was good. It came with a reasonable sized grilled chicken, some wedges, coleslaw and corn on the cob. When I compare this with the competitors located along the same row, this is anytime better compared to those extremely stingy portions that is served there. 

Grilled Chicken Topped with Black Pepper Sauce
As mentioned earlier, the portion was a very reasonable one and it was grilled to perfection. The meat was tender, juicy and the marination was bold and stood out even after adding the black pepper sauce. One can opt for either black pepper sauce or mushroom sauce and as a matter of preference, I went for the former. 

Wedges

Corn on the Cob and Coleslaw
The Wedges was good. Deep fried and not overly done and it was not even greasy. That is surely a plus point. And their coleslaw, that again was up to expectations. In fact, it exceeded my expectations in taste. Surely one of the better ones that I have tasted. Overall, it was a good dish and based on my taste buds, I shall rate this dish at 8.5/10 . 

Nasi Lemak Omak @ RM 6.90
Another one of my favourites that I did not miss trying. The Nasi Lemak set comes with the usual fragrant rice, Prawn Sambal, Chicken Rendang, Fried Peanuts and Anchovies, sliced cucumbers and an egg. For the price, they have given prawns and chicken which I feel is a good deal. 

Fragrant Rice
The portion was good but honestly, I felt that it could have tasted better. The creamy taste that we get from coconut milk was lacking. Not to say completely but as mentioned, it could have been surely better. Not one of the better ones that I have tried. I would rate the rice preparation at 6/10 .

Prawn Sambal
The Sambal was a light one and it wasn't spicy at all though it may look fiery. Came with a few small sized prawns and it tasted good. Again, not the best that I have tasted but still decent. I would rate this at 7/10 .

Chicken Rendang
Not a very large cut but sufficient bearing in mind the volume of rice given. This one I enjoyed the preparation and it was good. Again not the spicy version but it was a taste to remember. I would rate this at 9/10 . Overall, it was a plate of decent Nasi Lemak. There is great room for improvement when we talk about the sides and the rice itself. Nevertheless, decent it was.

Curry Noodles @ RM 4.90
This was one that I had as a take away and it was a disappointment. Not in terms of taste but just look at the amount of curry which they had packed for me. It looked more like a dry curry noodle instead of the usual curry mee. They should definitely know how to measure the amount to pack for take aways or if the curry had been sold out, they should have then informed me in person as I would have swapped it with something else. Taste wise, the curry came with some chicken chunks and fish cakes and it had a strong taste of cinnamon which didn't quite appeal to me. Overall, I would say a let down. Firstly the volume of curry itself and secondly, the taste of the curry. This I would only rate it at 4/10 . Just okay for me and not one that I would consider ordering again.  

In summary, I very much enjoyed the Grilled Chicken Chop. The Nasi Lemak was nice but the Curry Mee was a let down. Definitely a place that I would recommend for their Western dishes. Hope to return soon to try out their other western dishes as well.  

Address: No. 26, Jalan U1, Taman Universiti, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Sunday - Thursday 1700 - 2300
                             Friday & Saturday 1700 - 0000

No comments:

Post a Comment