Wednesday 13 April 2016

Soon Ann Biscuits & Confectionery @ Ipoh, Perak

Soon Ann Biscuits & Confectionery is a very old name that hails from Ipoh, Perak. I believe that this factory has been around for at least 50 plus years now. Previously, they used to be just a small shop and over the years, as the business grew, they had set up a large showroom as well to cater for their growing customer base. This factory outlet is situated in Medan Tasek Perdana, just a few Kilometers north of Ipoh along the old road heading to Kuala Kangsar. We used to frequent them those days and after a long time, am returning again this afternoon. Some of their biscuits have been my favourite childhood snacks and I am hoping that they are still continuing to make them till today. 

The Outlet Along Laluan Tasek Perdana

Ample Of Parking Space Available

A Huge Showroom Now
It felt great to observe how they have grown now. The factory outlet was huge and there were so much parking space available. When I arrived, there were bus loads of people buying. I guess they must be on their way north and some seemed like tourists too. After a long walk through their range of products, I was glad to see that all my favourites were still made these days. Prices are still reasonable and definitely cheaper than their retail partners.

Biscuit Sakima

Peanut Sesame Cookies

Biscuit Telinga

Egg Cookies
The above were some of my favourites and also their best sellers. Samplers were available and I was happy to taste them all over again. It had not changed even a bit. The taste was exactly the same. Well, how could I resist. We surely picked up quite a number of those to be brought back to Tanjung Malim. If you don't mind the calories and love snacking, I would recommend getting some of these.

Tambun Cookies

Hygienically Packed

Competitively Good To The One From Penang
Their Tambun Cookies (Tau Sar Peah) is another one of their best sellers. Those days, it used to be in plastic packaging. Now, it's great to see that they have upgraded the packaging style and have also emphasised on hygiene. These are equally good to the ones that are produced in Penang. Very addictive and the right bite size. Nowadays, they also have Pandan flavour available. Another one that I would highly recommend here. 

Chicken Biscuits

Chicken Biscuits
Who doesn't love Chicken Biscuits. This was the one that these guys started off with and it turned out to be a mega success. I think the state of Perak is the only place that we can find these, at least based on what I have seen. Their Chicken Biscuits are pretty good, though I would say the best one is from Bidor and followed by the one from Kampar. This, I would rank the third based on the ones that I had tried. Even then, it is just so addictive. Being a huge fan of this item, I just couldn't resist getting a whole load of them. A must have item from this confectionery!!!

If you happen to be in Ipoh, then this is a confectionery that I would highly recommend visiting. You'd just have to try once and you would surely be hooked on to them. Do note that the place is only open during the day.

Address: No. 19, 21, 23 & 25, Laluan Tasek Perdana, Medan Tasek Perdana, 
                30010 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 1730 Daily

Telephone: +605 5496 927 & +605 5459 710 

No comments:

Post a Comment