Monday 23 January 2017

Patron Bakery & Cafe @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Patron Bakery & Cafe is the latest cafe to open in Tanjung Malim, Perak and it is located in Taman Bernam Baru. They started sometime towards the end of last year and I managed to visit them then itself but unfortunately, I did not get time to blog about this cafe as I was caught up with work. 

Modern Design
The design of this cafe was one that impressed me and I am sure that the younger generation would love it as well. It was designed in such a way that it gave it a roomy feeling. The counter was located on the far right and it had a glass shelf displaying the bread that had been baked for the day. The kitchen was on the far left and it had glass partitions instead of walls which allows patrons to see through. The only setback on the day that I had dined was the ventilation. I was here at night and there were a few more tables that were occupied. Despite having an entrance that was open instead of doors, the place was warm and they had not switched on the air conditioning. Not sure if it was a cost cutting exercise or perhaps the owners had felt that the temperature was okay. But for me, it surely did feel stuffy. Another one of my observations for the day was the people manning the outlet. Clearly it was a family enterprise and I was impressed by the way the boys were managing the place. They clearly exhibited signs that they were new to this but they tried their best to make sure everything went well. That is something that I had to mention. Keep up the great work guys!

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Their menu had a good spread of dishes. Only concern was the pricing which seemed a little too high for Tanjung Malim. Nevertheless, I didn't say much as I wanted to observe the portions. If they are huge, then the prices are surely justified. 

Tuna Croissant @ RM 14.00

Tuna Croissant
Initially, I had ordered this Tuna Croissant and it was priced at RM 14.00 . I have deliberately placed the cutlery beside the sandwich as it would give you a better gauge of the size. Seriously, it was a very small piece. I was expecting something double this size. For a person with a big appetite like me, this is nothing. It's like the starters before the main course. Three bites and it's done. Now, let's leave the size part of it and come to the taste part of it. Taste wise, it was awesome! Yes, it was absolutely fantastic. The croissant was soft and so tasty and the tuna spread was generous. Delicious to the last bite. Now, having spoken about both these aspects, is the cost justified? I would still say no. I won't mind paying RM 7 to RM 10 for this but nothing more. Just taking the taste part of it into consideration, I would give this a 9/10. 

Fries @ RM 5.00
Since I was still hungry, I ordered some Fries and this was priced at RM 5.00 . Again, the portion was very disappointing. If you are thinking how big that container is, look at an adult female's palm. Yes, and that's the size of it. In terms of depth, can you see the base of the container in the above photograph? Then, that should give you an idea in terms of volume. For the price, I would rather head to KFC and have a large fries and I would get double the size. Taste wise, it could have been better and as far as the rating is concerned, I would give this a 6/10.  

Chicken Chop @ RM 13.00

Mustard Sauce
As I was still hungry, I had to order another dish. This time it was their Chicken Chop and this was priced at RM 13.00 . Surprised that this was cheaper than their sandwiches as the portion size was definitely justified. They had fried the chicken with spices instead of grilling it. I'm not a fan of Chicken Chop prepared this way but then, I liked the marination. And the mustard sauce went very well with it. It wasn't all that great but it was a decent preparation and I would give this a 7/10. 

In summary, I loved the warm reception given by the boys, their Tuna Croissant tasted heavenly but be prepared to pay a hefty sum for it and their Chicken Chop is worth a try. Otherwise, the place is cosy and for sure it's a good place to mingle with friends or even have a business discussion. 

Address: No. 38, Jalan Bernam 1, Taman Bernam Baru, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 2200

No comments:

Post a Comment