Monday 24 December 2012

S&P Simply Delicious @ Don Muang Airport, Bangkok

I had my flight back to Kuala Lumpur today and as Bangkok is well known for traffic jams, I arrived pretty early at the airport. Luckily I was flying Air Asia and it departed from Don Muang Airport and not Suwarnabhumi International Airport. Once I finished the chick in which was pretty fast, I had another 2 hours before flight time. I had missed breakfast this morning and my stomach was already raising the red flag. I walked around the International Departure Hall and most of the restaurants there were fast food and I wanted to try something local. Hence the only local restaurant there was this S&P Simply Delicious Restaurant.

The Restaurant At The Departure Lounge
This restaurant was one of the few that had decent seating places too. The others were more like bar counters except for Starbucks which had the usual couches but unfortunately they were taken up. Having decided for this restaurant, I came in and went through the menu.

Interior of the restaurant
The restaurant had a beautiful layout, cosy and space optimisation. The staffs were very friendly too and this guy spent time with me going through the menu assisting me with the food and explaining what they are.

Plain White Thai Rice
I ordered the Thai Massaman Curry which comes with rice. It looked good on the picture and I wanted something spicy too. Honestly I have never tried this dish before and this is my first time.

Thai Massaman Curry
It looks delicious. Okay with the first taste, I regretted ordering something that I did not know much about. I was looking for something of a curry base because I wanted something spicy but this curry was sweet, I mean really sweet. I believe the food was definitely up to its mark but it was not up to what I anticipated as I had anticipated the taste wrongly. It had great amounts of potatos which I love and chicken chunks. The portion was great and surely worth the price but sad that I did not enjoy it. Perhaps if I had been used to this taste and was expecting this, this dish surely would have swept me off my feet. Well, this could also be because of the stereotype that food in Thailand is always spicy. My mistake indeed. Should have clarified more. The bigger slap was yet to come and you would know why soon.

Sticky Rice with Durian

Well, I had already pre ordered the desert earlier. As I was expecting something extremely spicy, I was looking at a desert that was sweet and it turned out against me. Having had the main course that was sweet and against my anticipation, this desert was even sweeter. It was good no doubt. It was served hot, with fabulous sticky rice and thick durian flesh and milk, yet I was not able to enjoy it. All spoiled by my initial wrong order. However I will still vouch for them that this restaurant is good and serves quality food. The environment is excellent, cosy, comfortable and the food served is of high quality and great presentation. The price is also very reasonable and would not burn a hole in your wallet.  A strong recommendation to anyone flying off from this airport.

Address: Don Muang International Airport (DMK),
              Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Si Kan, Don Mueang,
              Bangkok 10210, Thailand.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    Line Sticker

    ReplyDelete