Thursday 17 January 2013

Madam Chiam Curry Noodle House @ Taman Connaught

Cheras, one of the few places in Kuala Lumpur that I can still get lost very easily. I had a meeting earlier today at UCSI and as such, had to skip lunch. By the time the meeting was over, it was still a fair time to have a quick meal and my stomach was already making grouching sounds. I started surfing for good food in this area and this place came up but it stated that they close at around 4.30 pm. Having wasted no time, I immediately head off to this Madam Chiam Curry Noodle House, of course with the help of my GPS and was delighted when it was still open as I reached there.

Madam Chiam Curry Noodle House
Parking was a little problem here and I had to park illegally. I thought since I may not be long, so why not as most of the cars there were parked illegally that evening. With that said, I quickly rushed into the restaurant as I saw the workers already stacking up the stools.

I was greeted by the boss who must be Madam Chiam's son and I asked him if he was still serving and he obliged. Madam Chiam was there too but she was busy preparing some cakes and stuffs.They seem to be selling lots of the Chinese Fried Cakes too which are stored in bottle jars and consumed over time.

The Menu
I was handed the menu card and as the majority suggest, I ordered the Dry Chilli Pan Mee, except that I requested for the usual yellow mee. With this I added the Dumpling Soup and Curry Laksa to take away. Since I was alone, I surely can't try everything that has been recommended at one go so the Dry Chilli Noodles + Dumpling Soup for now and the Curry Laksa for dinner, which I have already tasted when writing this blog.

Dry Chilli Pan Mee with Egg (Big) @ RM 5.50
The service here was very fast. After I placed the order, I walked out for a while to have a smoke and when I returned, my meal was ready with my drinks. Most of the workers here are Indonesians. They do not serve pork in their menu but it is not a Halal restaurant. Now, this dish was heavenly. A simple dish made to taste absolutely delicious. I ate like a glut almost licking the plate once it was done. Not too bothered if anyone saw me too.

Complimentary Spinach Soup + Chilli Dry Flakes
The above dish comes with this Spinach Soup that you can see above and a small serving of the Chilli Flakes which we add into the Pan Mee according to taste. I added the whole thing as I love it to be super spicy. The spinach soup was good too.

Dumpling (Sui Kau) Soup @ RM 1.00 per piece
Though this was recommended by many bloggers, I did not find this to be tasty. In fact, I have had much better ones elsewhere. The size was also too small and not worth RM 1.00 each. However, you could still try it and decide if you want. I also found it to be not very fresh, it was not stale, but just wasn't fresh.

Curry Laksa Noodles @ RM 5.50
This dish was another fantastic dish here. There was loads of cockles, chicken, potato's, long beans and a half boiled egg in this. The curry was very delicious too. I would strongly recommend this dish too.

On the whole, it is a value for money place to eat. I loved the Dry Chilli Pan Mee with Egg and the Curry Laksa here. The Sui Kau, very average and a little dissapointing.

Address: No. 20, Jalan Cerdik, Taman Connaught,
               Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0730 - 1630 (Closed on alternate Mondays)

Tel: +6016 210 7559 

No comments:

Post a Comment