Friday 4 October 2013

Cafe Pedro Espresso @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

Located in Block E of Plaza Mont Kiara, is a long standing cafe called Cafe Pedro Espresso. Although I have been here numerous times to buy coffee, I have never tried any of their food and since I was in the mood for some light food, decided to have lunch here today.

Cafe Pedro Espresso in Mont Kiara

Simple Design
I think among all the shops here in Plaza Mont Kiara, this has the simplest set up. It is simply a no frills cafe. They are renowned for their variety of good coffee sold at reasonable prices. Most of their customers are those that work or live around Mont Kiara. Every time I have guests at the office, Pedro's is the place to get coffee as all of them, including me, love their coffee. Even during lunch time today, there were not many dine ins at this place but there were so many customers who did coffee take away's. The environment here is also rather comfortable and if you are one of them who like to work from Cafe's, this could be an ideal place. They provide very stable Wifi connection along with some plug points along the walls and you do not get the crowd and interruptions that you may usually encounter in Starbucks or Coffee Bean. There are some tables placed outside for smokers but at noon, sitting outside can be a wrong choice as it tends to be quite hot. Inside however is cool and nice as there are six ceiling fans inside this small dining area which keeps it well ventilated. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The menu has an array of coffee variety and a decent amount of snacks that should suffice for their kind of clientele.  The price is also very much on the low side despite being in Mont Kiara and their drinks are definitely cheaper when compared to Starbucks. 

Caramel Machiato @ RM 9.00
Instead of going for my usual Americano, I decided to try their Caramel Machiato for a change. As always, the drink was perfect and never slacked in any way. For the mug size, the price was rather cheap too. I would rate this drink at 10/10 .

Chicken Taco @ RM 12.00

The Filling
I have heard from many friends that the best food item here is their Korean Beef Bulgogi Wraps or Tacos but since I do not eat beef, I had to try something else and went for the above Chicken Taco's. Their Chicken Taco's were just above average. It did not impress me as much as their coffee. Maybe a sandwich or some healthy wraps would have been a better choice. As the Taco bread is already dull tasting, the filling would have to have more juiciness in it but this just lacked that. The filling too was rather bland and that made the entire dish not too appealing. I would only rate this at 6/10 .

Overall, for me at least, this would always remain one of my favourite places for good coffee and nothing more. I do not think that I would be coming here in search of food unless perhaps, I would be having their Korean Beef Bulgogi which would never be an option for me. Hence, I would just have to pass for their food but would definitely vote for them for their excellent coffee. Do note that this restaurant is Pork Free but it does not have Halal status. 

Address: E-01-03, Block E, Plaza Mont Kiara, No.2 Jalan Kiara,
                Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 0800 - 1800
                            Saturday & Public Holiday 0900 - 1600
                            Sunday Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment