Thursday 17 October 2013

Surisit The Thai Kopitiam @ Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Kuala Lumpur

Located along Lorong Rahim Kajai 13 right beside Mukha Cafe is this hawker styled Thai restaurant called Surisit The Thai Kopitiam. They have been around since late 2011 and I think this is my sixth visit here. Although I would have liked to visit them more often, finding a parking spot is always a difficult task in this part of Taman Tun Dr. Ismail and that has always hindered me from coming here more often. Here, you would be able to find many Pork based Thai dishes that are rare to find  in the Klang Valley as most of these Thai restaurants bear the Halal status. This restaurant had recently closed for a month for renovations and had just opened again for business sometime last week. 

Surisit The Thai Kopitiam in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail

Simple Yet Elegant Interior
Although it has been recently renovated, the design still remains very much the same. The only difference that I see now is that the lights are much brighter, the walls have a fresh coat of paint and a few more paintings hung on the walls. Otherwise, this place still looks pretty much the same to me. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The menu lists out a number of great dishes right from appetizers to deserts. Besides their Ala Carte dishes, they do have a number of individual meals as well as a limited number of vegetarian dishes. Do note that each of their Ala Carte dishes is good for 3 to 5 pax. I tended to be a little greedy today despite the fact that I was dining alone. I definitely ordered more than I can consume in a single sitting but if there are leftovers, I can always pack it home. So, nothings wasted. 

Thai Fanta @ RM 5.90
I have always adored these cute little bottles and I have only seen them in Thailand and Taiwan. Here at this restaurant, they do serve a number of bottled drinks that are famous in Thailand. The only setback is that it is sold at a much higher price and for half of what the standard bottle here can hold and you end up consuming them sparingly. 

Khao Phat Sator Kung Heng @ RM 14.90
This is the Thai Style Fried Rice which comes with dried prawns, petai and some large prawns. It also comes with a very spicy Thai Belacan Sauce on the side. What makes this dish excellent is the petai and the dried prawns and these are found in abundance. The dried prawns are fried to the right level of crunchiness and with every scoop, you tend to get this crunchy bites which is excellent. For the price paid, the portion was very large too and this dish alone should fill a heavy eater. Besides the dried prawns, there were also four large prawns in the dish. I definitely loved this dish and would rate it at 9.5/10 . 

Sadao Kai @ RM 14.90
This is the famous Thai Style Crispy Fried Chicken Wings. At RM 14.90, it comes in a platter of four large pieces cut into two halves. This was another excellently prepared dish and I truly loved it. It does come with a sweet dip sauce on the side but it is good to go on it's own. If you love Chicken Wings, then this dish is a must try. I would rate this at 10/10 .

Mun Thod Gapi @ RM 16.90
This Crispy Fried Pork is another signature dish here. I really am amazed at how well they could prepare a simple dish like this making it seem like a gastronomical treat. Every bite was crackling, juicy and delicious. It was not dry at all and despite being fried, the meat was very soft though crispy on the outside. I absolutely loved this dish. I would rate this dish at a perfect 10/10 .

Although there had been many negative comments on this restaurant with regards to the food being overpriced, I still feel that it is worth it bearing in mind the portion sizes, the quality of ingredients and also the fact that these dishes are hard to find and that is simply the very reason that I have returned here for the sixth time now, thanks to Foursquare for keeping a very accurate count of my check ins. Every time I come here, I just wished that I could have come in a larger group as then I would have been able to taste more of their dishes. I have heard that their Fish dishes are also very good but you would need a group of at least four pax to order such dishes. Even this was too much for me and I had to take away the leftovers. Definitely an amazing restaurant that serves good Thai food!!!

Address: No. 17, Lorong Rahim Kajai 13, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, 
                60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 7710 0173

Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 1030 - 1500 & 1800 - 2230
                            Saturday & Sunday 1030 - 2230
                            Closed on Tuesdays


Email: enquiry@surisit.com





No comments:

Post a Comment