Sunday 4 May 2014

Masha Beriani Bistro @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Masha Beriani Bistro is a new stall cum restaurant that has recently opened in Tanjung Malim, Perak. For a change from our usual Restaran Ga Onn, we decided to check the place out for lunch this afternoon.

Masha Beriani Bistro along Jalan Slim

Located right next to M.S.V. Auto Centre

Simple Layout

Drinks Station

Menu
The stall is just a simple layout under a shed but with some renovations to it like floor tiling etc. Despite being just a stall, it was very clean. It is located right next to M.S.V. Auto in Jalan Slim. Their offering was quite simple, Rice, Curries, Fried Noodles, Roti Canai, Capati and just a few other items. For this small stall, there were three staffs manning the place and they were all very quick to attend to customers.

Plain Beriani Rice
We wanted to have a number of dishes with the Beriani Rice. So we ended up taking four plates of the above rice. Their Beriani Rice was very good. It was aromatic and delicious. I would rate this dish at 8.8/10 .

Plain Iced Water

Warm Water

Teh O Ice
They provided us all with warm water even without us asking for it which is good customer service. I also ordered a glass of Teh O Ais. The drink was good and I would rate it at 8.5/10 .

My Brother's Meal

Plain Beriani Rice and Fried Chicken
My brother was going light and he did not want to have much of the other dishes and so went for a piece of Fried Chicken. The Chicken was good, well marinated with spices and served hot. The portion was also quite huge. I would rate this Fried Chicken at 9/10 .

More Curries To Choose From

Me Picking Out The Curries
I then went over to their Curries Station and started picking out the dishes which would be served on individual platters. There was definitely a decent spread to choose from.

Mixed Vegetable
We took a small plate of the above mixed vegetables. It was nicely done, not overcooked and with less oil. Taste wise, it was good and I would rate this at 8/10 .

Chicken Gravy
The Chicken Gravy was superb. It had a good blend of spices and was super delicious. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Chicken Kurma Gravy
We also took another plate of Chicken Kurma Gravy. This too was very good, in fact this is the best that I have tasted in Tanjung Malim. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Dhallcha
The Dhall Cha was above average only. It was slightly on the flat side when it comes to taste. I would rate this at 6.5/10 .

Spicy Podi
I was surprised when they served the above spicy Podi. This they usually prepare only at those big restaurants like Kayu or Pelita. The Podi was wonderfully prepared and it was super spicy. I would rate this at 9.7/10 .

Curry Fish
This was an excellent dish. The Fish Curry was simply superb and perhaps was the best that I have tasted in Tanjung Malim. The fish too was a huge and thick piece. Definitely a recommended dish here. I would rate this at 9.8/10 .

Curried Chicken
This was again good but it was cooked according to the Indian Muslim style of cooking and not the Tamil style. Nevertheless, it was an excellent preparation. I would rate this dish at 8.7/10 .

Curried Mutton
Again, this dish was a hit. The chunks of mutton were cooked in a wonderful blend of spices and served in a thick gravy. Absolutely yummy! I would rate this at 9.7/10 .

Lunch In Progress

Lunch In Progress

Lunch in Progress
On the whole, it was an excellent lunch and we were very satisfied with the food. Though it is just under a shed, the place is well ventilated with fans and hence you do not feel the heat. The total meal for today came to a mere RM 29.50 which I feel is an extremely good deal. Definitely a place that I would be patronising often.

Address: No. 4617, Jalan Slim Baru, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment