Wednesday 14 May 2014

Restoran Anuja @ Desa Aman Puri. Kuala Lumpur

Whenever one mentions Restaurant Anuja, most of us would remember the restaurant in front of Pudu Raya Bus Terminal but not many know that they have three other restaurants around Kepong area. Most of their restaurants has the Indian Muslim concept and food except for this particular outlet that is located in Desa Aman Puri which serves Tamil food. 

Restaurant Anuja in Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

The Curries Station

Interior of the Restaurant
This restaurant is located not too far from my place and you would have seen me blog about this place a number of times before but I constantly do it as the taste may change over time and it is the true responsibility of a food blogger to post on the latest taste change if he has visited the restaurant recently. Here, ordering can be done either at your table or you could head over to the curry station and choose the dishes. Meals could also be had on a plate or Banana Leaf, of course the price varies for both options. My last trip here last month was a disaster as all the curries were diluted due to the crowd and the food tasted really horrible. However, my previous trips were quite satisfactory. I would like to assume that that was a glitch on a single business day and would like to give them a try again today. Hopefully, I would return a happy man.

Teh O Ais @ RM 1.30
As always, their Teh O Ais was nicely fixed. There was a decent amount of tea in the drink and not too much ice. But the price has gone up by 20 cents since my last visit. I would rate this at 8.8/10 .

Spring Hoppers (Idiyappam) @ RM 0.80 each
I went for their Spring Hoppers as I was not in the mood for rice. This is definitely those left over items that was prepared for breakfast but I was okay with it. They reheated it using the microwave before serving. The Spring Hoppers weren't too big and so I had to go for three pieces. Taste wise, I would rate this at 7.5/10 .

Mutton Gravy
Thank God that their Mutton Gravy was back to the norms. It was thick and aromatic with just the right amount of spices. The last time I was here, this was diluted and almost tasteless. I was definitely delighted with the comeback to taste. I would rate this at 9.4/10 .

Goat Intestine @ RM 5.50
Oops, this too has gone up by 50 cents since my last visit last month but the taste was consistent as always. This dish has never let me down every time I come here. In my opinion, the goat intestine curry served here is one of the top three available in Kuala Lumpur. I would rate this at 9.7/10 .

Mutton Curry @ RM 6.00
Hmm...this dish too had gone up by RM 1.00 since last month. The mutton was much better this time. Good meat chunks were nicely cooked with aromatic spices. The gravy too was thick and delicious. Overall, a sure treat to mutton lovers. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

The Bill
I am definitely glad that the food is back to what it used to taste before. The slight price raise was definitely not a put off as the taste was good and it matched the price. Hope the taste shall always remain good as today.

Address: No. 69A, Jalan Desa 2/3, Desa Aman Puri, 
                52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6280 4205

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

2 comments:

  1. Glad that u returned a happy man! :)
    I think the slight price hike was necessary, at least to break even if not gain profit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandably Yes! As you know, as food lovers, we're always willing to pay a premium where the food is good and so is the case here. Good food, undisputed!

      Delete