Wednesday 26 October 2016

Ipoh Mushroom Sauce Chee Cheong Fun Stall @ Ipoh, Perak

Earlier in October, I posted an entry about the Popiah stall in this restaurant and now, here's another entry from this restaurant that's located in Ipoh Garden East, Ipoh. Having been satisfied with the Popiah the other day, I revisited this restaurant to have the same item again, but this time it was for lunch instead of tea time.

Kedai Makanan & Minuman Taman Timur in Ipoh Garden East
One of the prominent food court concept restaurants in Ipoh Garden East is this restaurant called Kedai Makanan Dan Minuman Taman Timur. To get to this place is fairly simple. Assuming that you are coming from the North South Highway, once you turn left to get into Ipoh town, keep going straight till you sight Jusco on your left. At the traffic lights, turn left and keep going for about 1 KM. Once you reach the residential area, look right and this restaurant would be the corner unit. They occupy two shop lots and from around 2 pm onwards, majority of the stalls are open and by 4 pm, they would be fully functional. Parking can be a hassle here but it is okay to just park by the side of the road which is exactly what we did today. 

Mushroom Sauce Chee Cheong Fun Stall
Just like the last trip here, I went for their Popiah first and since it was lunch time, I wanted to have another food item as well. So, I kept it to just one slice of Popiah. Having done with that, this Chee Cheong Fun stall caught my eyes. She has four different varieties of Chee Cheong Fun. The original Ipoh famous Mushroom Sauce Chee Cheong Fun, Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun, Penang Style Chee Cheong Fun that comes with pork ribs and Curry Chee Cheong Fun. If I was capable, I would have tried them all but alas, I was alone this trip and I had to just go for one. Since it is Ipoh that I am talking about, it only made sense for me to go for a dish that originated from this town and so, I went for just that.

Mushroom Sauce Chee Cheong Fun @ RM 3.50
In a matter of minutes, my order was served. For RM 3.50, the portion was good, really good. There were lots of Chee Cheong Fun, generous amounts of mushroom sauce, sliced mushrooms, chili sauce, pickled green chili's and topped with a dash of sesame seeds.

A Huge Portion
Mix it all up and you get a heavenly plate of Mushroom Sauce Chee Cheong Fun. The sauce itself was so good, creamy and just the right texture. The addition of the chili sauce and pickled green chili's took the dish to a different level. I was so surprised to see real mushrooms in the dish, this is something that we would never get in Kuala Lumpur. In fact, this dish is so rare in the central region so much so I have only come across this in Damansara Utama. Taste wise, I was so good. Sometimes you wonder how a simple dish like this could be so satisfying. Among the ones that I have tried in Ipoh including those famous one's in Menglembu, this I would say was a good preparation and I would give this a 9/10. 

If you happen to be in this area or even visiting Ipoh for that matter, do give this place a try. After all, it is so close to the highway exits and a mere 3 minutes drive from Jusco. 

Address: 59 & 61, Jalan Perajurit, Taman Timur, 31400 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment