Thursday 16 March 2017

Matahariis @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Matahariis is the newest Indian restaurant in Cyberjaya. Despite having been open for less than a month, the place has gained so much popularity in social media and it's all due to the positive feedback from customers. This restaurant is located along Jalan GC 1 on the Glomac Cyberjaya side, just a few doors away from Pelita Nasi Kandar. Unlike the conventional Indian restaurants, they are located on the first floor, right above 7 Eleven. Business hours are from 10 am till 4 pm. 

Matahariis Located Along Jalan GC1
I was here at 2 pm and most of the food was already sold out. In fact, they had rice just for one and a little bit of left over curries. This is a clear indication that they are doing very well. Most days, they have around 15 to 20 vegetarian items and around 20 non vegetarian food items. It's very much a self service restaurant. You pick the food items and then walk over to the cashier and pay up. Chinese Tea, Warm Water and Ice Water are provided complimentary and you would have to get these on your own too. The decor looked more like a modern cafe and the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. One thing for sure is that they greet you with a smile and that's some positive interaction with the customers. 

My Lunch @ RM 12.00
I took some White Rice, Sambar, 2 pieces of Mock Fish Sambal, Fried Mutton, Ketchup Chicken, Chicken Perattal and Mutton Perattal and this whole lot was priced at RM 12.00 . That is a very good price. In fact, I was expecting close to RM 20.00 . Now I know why most of the comments on Facebook were saying that the place serves very good food and at reasonable prices. 

Sambar
I would have loved to try my favourite Venthaya Kulambu but it was sold out and therefore I went for their Sambar as it was thee only one left, and that too that much only. Taste wise, it was definitely good. The Sambar wasn't watery and it was very nice. I would definitely give this a 9/10. 

Mock Fish Sambal
This was another well prepared dish. The texture of the mock fish itself was very nice. Not like those cheaper versions which breaks up into strands. And the Sambal, was heavenly! This deserves nothing less than a 10/10.

Ketchup Chicken
Their Ketchup Chicken was another excellent one. It tasted very similar to those Ayam Kicap that you get at those old school Nasi Kandar places. I think this is the best that I have come across in a South Indian restaurant. 10/10 is what this dish deserves. 

Spicy Chicken Perattal
Another good dish. The meaty chicken cuts were cooked just right and they were tender and juicy. The spices were excellent as well. I would definitely like to give this a 10/10 as well but then it would seem equal to the Ketchup Chicken. In my opinion, that was way better than this and therefore I would give this a 9/10. 

Fried Mutton
This is a dish that I have not had in a long time and it was a pleasant surprise to find it here. The spices were perfect but the meat was slightly on the stiff side. Could have been better, otherwise it was all good. I would perhaps give this a 8/10. 

Spicy Mutton
This was a super good dish! The mix of mutton, potatoes and eggs in that thick spicy gravy was just heavenly. Not a single thing to comment on this dish. Wonderful is the word! A highly recommended dish here and it deserves nothing less than a 10/10. 

Overall, I am very impressed with the food here. Each and every dish that I tried was  good if not excellent. Warm hospitality, lovely trendy cafe style environment, excellent food and very reasonable prices. Till date, this is the best South Indian restaurant that I have come across in Cyberjaya and it wouldn't even be wrong to say one of the best in the Klang Valley as well. This place and Maalini's that I blogged about a few days back tops my list of South Indian Restaurants at the moment. A highly recommended place!

Address: Jalan GC 1, Glomac Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 1600 Monday to Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment