Wednesday 1 November 2017

Ekkamai Bar & Thai Kitchen @ Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

A friend of mine recommended giving this place a try saying that the food here was very good and the way that he had been promoting this restaurant really made me want to visit this place. This restaurant is located on Level G2, Block C5 in Solaris Dutamas. Having had a meeting here earlier in the day made it all the more convenient for me and here I am at this restaurant. 

Outdoor Seating Area

Value For Money Set Lunches

Tea Time Promotions
This restaurant was not too difficult to find. If you follow the block numbers, you would hardly miss this place. They have a indoor and outdoor seating area and the ambiance was just lovely. Besides the Ala-Carte Menu, one could also go for their set meals which looks pretty good to me. 

Cutlery

Iced Green Tea @ RM 10.00

Steamed Rice @ RM 3.00
Ordering was a breeze and the waiters were very professional. In a matter of minutes the cutlery along with the drinks were served. Some may find the pricing here to be a little steep but I guess for the locality, it's quite acceptable. 

Green Chicken Curry @ RM 28.00

Spicy Calamari @ RM 20.00
I usually don't go for Green Curry because none of the places that I have come across in Malaysia does it as good as what you get in Thailand. But since this came highly recommended, I went for it. True enough, it was really something and tasted just like the one that you would get in Thailand. Perfectly balanced flavours and it was mildly spicy. My rating for this shall be 9/10. Their Spicy Calamari was another excellent dish. It was so good that I did not even have to go for the dip sauce. Crunchy, juicy and addictive. Again, 9/10 is what this preparation deserves. 

Chicken Cashew Nut @ RM 29.00

Kailan @ RM 18.00
The Chicken Cashew Nut was slightly on the spicy side but taste wise, it was heavenly. Very generous with the ingredients and it was awesome. 10/10 would be my rating for this. Their Kailan was another excellent dish. Just look at the freshness of those leaves. 9/10 would be my rating for this. 


I have visited most of the premium Thai restaurants in the Klang Valley. Most of them charge premium prices but not everything tastes great there. Ekkamai however does an amazing job with the dishes. Each and every dish that we tried was good, really good and I won't say that their prices are very high. Slightly pricey but it was totally worth it. For great Thai food in the Klang Valley, I would strongly recommend Ekkamai. 

Address: 34, Level G2, Block C5, Solaris Dutamas, Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur

Business Hours: 1130 - 0100 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment