Tuesday 14 November 2017

Restoran Ah Zai @ Hulu Bernam, Selangor

Restaurant Ah Zai is a place that needs no introduction among the locals here in Tanjung Malim. Having started sometime in June 2015, their business and reputation has been steadily growing over the months and they are mostly full house daily. Business starts at around 6 pm and goes on till 11 pm. Their main dishes are Curry Mee, Kon Low Mee (Wan Tan Mee), Soup Noodles, Asam Laksa and a variety of Yong Tau Fu items. There has been days when even at 8.30 pm, most of their items had been sold out. I believe I have blogged about them in the past, once when they first started and once more, when they introduced a Chicken Chop dish in their menu. Of late, another new addition that has been a hot seller here is their Char Kuey Teow. For me, it's almost mandatory that I have to have it at least once a week and I wonder how I missed blogging about that dish.

As always, I arrived at around 6.30 pm. Luckily it was a rainy day and most of the Tofu items were still available. They have an open counter where all the items are placed and customers can select what they would like to have and then instruct them as to how they would like to have them. Being one who comes here often, they know me pretty well and I have the liberty of walking into their work zone and pick those items myself. Having done that, I requested them to add some curry to it and got myself a table at the far end of the restaurant. 


Being somewhat new, they had spent some good deal of money renovating the restaurant. The place looked clean and nice, loved their tile selection too. Somehow, most people prefer sitting outdoors as it is much cooler. 

Curry Mee With Some Add On's
As always, the Curry Mee at this restaurant is awesome. Those who are health conscious may find it to be on the oily side but taste wise, it is really good. Even their Yong Tau Fu items are tasty. My rating for this Curry Mee would be 9/10. If you're looking for a good place to have Curry Mee in Hulu Bernam, Restoran Ah Zai would be my pick. 

Address: No. 63, Taman Golden Wood, Jalan Besar Ulu Bernam, 35900 Hulu Bernam,                                Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1730 - 0000 (Closed on Thursdays)

No comments:

Post a Comment