Monday 15 September 2014

Restoran Lan Je (Aman Puri) Sdn Bhd @ Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

Having visited their outlet in Kota Damansara two weeks back, my brother kept pestering me to take him for that same steamed fish again and tonight we visited their outlet in Desa Aman Puri which is much closer to my place.

Restoran Lan Je in Desa Aman Puri

Outdoor Seating Area

Outdoor Seating Area

Indoor Seating Area
The last time I was here, they were located in the row of shops directly opposite this unit. In their old place, there is another steamed fish restaurant which I am hoping to try soon. Not sure why these guys moved over to a smaller unit but the business was still good with good flow of customers coming and going.

Menu and Prices

Us At The Restaurant

Us At The Restaurant

Waiting For Our Meals

Cutlery in Hot Water

Coca Cola @ RM 2.20

Chinese Tea @ RM 0.50
As always, we ordered one fish each. The only difference this time was that for my parents, we stuck with the medium spicy but for my brother and I, we went for the super spicy. Let's see how it turns out to be.

Dinner in Progress

Medium Spicy Steamed Fish @ RM 15.00

Medium Spicy Steamed Fish @ RM 15.00

Medium Spicy Steamed Fish @ RM 15.00
In about 20 minutes, the medium spicy fish arrived. As always, the fish was perfectly done. Steamed with garlic and bird eye chili, the fish was a treat to steamed fish lovers. Just admire the consistency of taste across all their outlets. As mentioned in my previous blog on the same restaurant but in Kota Damansara, here too the fish is steamed in stacked rattan baskets and not the modern way. Perhaps this is what gets the taste going. It was simply a perfect dish and I would rate this at 10/10 .

Super Spicy Steamed Fish @ RM 17.50 each

Super Spicy Steamed Fish @ RM 17.50 each

Super Spicy Steamed Fish @ RM 17.50 each

Super Spicy Steamed Fish @ RM 17.50 each
As the name indicates, the super spicy version came with much much more bird eye chilies and was priced at RM 17.50 each, RM 2.50 more than the medium spicy. The additional charge surely is for their extra chili used. This was very very spicy, I could still take it as I enjoy spicy food but my brother was almost in tears. Pity him, he should have stuck with the medium spicy version. For me, this would be excellent if it was accompanied with some brandy or whiskey. Only do order this version if you can tolerate serious level of spiciness. As a matter of comparison, the extra hot Peri Peri sauce of Nando's is nothing compared to this.For me, this was delicious and I would once again rate this at 10/10 . Nevertheless, it is not recommended to consume this kind of spiciness often. 

Comparison of Chili Used For Both Versions...on this side is super spicy

Bill For The Day
In summary, all of us, except for my brother who ordered the wrong level of spiciness, enjoyed our dinner. Anyway it is good as he has explored the super spicy version and now knows the version that he should stick to. Unlike the Kota Damansara outlet, this outlet opens till 10 pm at night. Once again I would like to stress that if you love steamed fish, then this is a must visit restaurant. You would surely love the steamed fish here. As mentioned in my previous blogs on the same restaurant, most of their other food items here are very average and that is why you would see most people sticking to the steamed fish. The only item now that I have not tried is their steamed prawns and that would be a must do dish the next time I am here. Do note that this is a Pork Free restaurant and every now and then you would be able to see Muslim customers dining here too.

Address: 3-27, Jalan Desa 2/4, Desa Aman Puri, 
                52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1130 - 1500 & 1730 - 2200
                             Closed on Tuesdays

Telephone: +6012 227 0037 & +6012 288 9548

No comments:

Post a Comment