Thursday 18 December 2014

Restoran Mahbub @ Damansara Damai, Petaling Jaya

Restaurant Mahbub is the Indian Muslim restaurant that dominates the night food scene in Damansara Damai. Having been one of the pioneers in this area, this would be the only restaurant that is packed throughout the day and night. I have previously blogged about this restaurant and that was about their Tandoori Chicken and Mutton Soup which is one of the best in town. This time, I am here to have a quick dinner. 

Restoran Mahbub in Damansara Damai

Entrance

The Place Is Always Packed With Customers

More Seating Spaces
Here the food is prepared twice daily, once in the morning for lunch and again around 6 pm catering for dinner and late night diners. This restaurant operates 24 hours a day. The prices here are a slight premium but the food is quite good. For dishes like noodles etc, ordering is done at your table but for the rice and curries, one has to pick it up yourself from the curries counter. 

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.40
Their Teh O Ice was nice. Slightly pricey at RM 1.40 but that seems to be an acceptable price here by customers. I would rate their Teh O Ice at 8.7/10 .

My Meal @ RM 8.00
My meal comprised of a large portion of White Rice, mixed gravies (Nasi Kandar Style), a huge chunk of Mutton with bone and some Okra Masala. This was priced at RM 8.00 which again may seem expensive for some but once again, business is so good here.

Mixed Curries
The food here is akin to the Nasi Kandar style and I went for the mixed curries. The Fish Curry here is really awesome and I would highly recommend that. The other good one would be their Chicken Curry. The Mutton Gravy was just so so. Overall, their curries are good and I would rate their Fish Curry at 9.7/10, Chicken Curry at 8/10 and Mutton Curry at 7/10 .

Mutton Masala
Here you do not get the Tamil style Mutton dishes but you get the Nasi Kandar style Masala Mutton Chunks. The Mutton here was very good and it is served with a huge bone. The chunk itself was as big as my palm. Delicious stuff and would definitely recommend this! I would rate this at 8.9/10 .

Okra Masala
The Okra Masala again was very good. I like the way that it was prepared and not overcooked. The Okra was sweet and juicy and still crunchy, just the way it should be. I would rate this at 9.8/10 .

Despite the price being on the high side, the meal was good and I did not feel like I was overpaying. To me it felt that the price commensurate the taste.

Address: L-013A, Jalan PJU 10/2A, Vista Shop, Damansara Damai, 
                47830 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

Website: http://www.restoranmahbub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment