Wednesday 10 December 2014

Restoran Nasi Kandar SHAAZ Curry House @ Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya

Restoran Nasi Kandar Shaaz Curry House is located along Jalan PJS 11/28A in Bandar Sunway and is directly opposite the side entrance to Sunway Pyramid. This restaurant has been around for many years now but this is the first time that I am visiting them after their renovations. Previously, it used to be a typical Indian Muslim restaurant but now they have changed the concept to Nasi Kandar style which is a good move.

The Restaurant in Bandar Sunway

The Restaurant in Bandar Sunway

Interior of the Restaurant

Interior of the Restaurant

Interior of the Restaurant
They now occupy three shop lots and the make over has given the restaurant a premium look. The entire restaurant has also been made air conditioned for customers dining comfort. I was a little concerned looking at all the renovations as I was wondering if they would start charging premium prices now. Well, I guess I would have to wait to discover that and should know it shortly.

Menu

Menu

Menu

Menu
Even at 4.00 pm, the restaurant was packed with customers which is a good sign that the food is good here. I took my seat at the far end of the restaurant as most places were occupied and started browsing their menu. This menu was typically on their Naan and Tandoori variety and the drinks were more about their fruit juices and Lassi types. I was in the mood for rice and therefore just ignored this. I decided to walk over to their food station to check out the dishes available.

A Variety Of Dishes Available

A Variety Of Dishes Available

A Variety Of Dishes Available

A Variety Of Dishes Available

A Variety Of Dishes Available

A Variety Of Dishes Available

A Variety Of Dishes Available
There were so many dishes to choose from and everything looked so good. There were easily around 40 dishes and one would be spoilt for choice. I then choose my food items and with my plate full of goodness, headed back to my table.

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.50

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.50
I then ordered a Teh Tarik and it was sent over within 5 minutes. Their Teh Tarik was very good and I would rate it at 9/10 . There are few guys here whose job is just to go around and write the bill. So came this guy who observes the items taken with the rice and writes down the total bill and just slips it under your plate. If I am not mistaken, there were three of them doing just this. Business must surely be very good for them to have three staffs doing just this. 

My Lunch
I took White Rice, a mix of gravies, a huge portion of Fish Roe and a large chunk of Masala Chicken and the bill was a mere RM 8.80 . I was surprised by this. Well, this is indeed very cheap. No wonder they have a huge pool of customers continuously flowing in. 

A Mix of Gravies
The gravies were just awesome. The spiciness was just mediocre and it tasted absolutely great. Very very delicious! I would rate their gravies at 9.4/10 .

Fish Roe
I took two large pieces of Fish Roe and they too were very good. It was tender, not too hard and the curry flavours had seeped in well into the Fish Roe. Every bite was just a heavenly treat. Highly recommended here. I would rate this at 9.4/10 .

Masala Chicken

Masala Chicken
Their Masala Chicken too was delicious. It was a huge chunk of chicken which was well marinated with spices and served with lots of masala. I just loved the way they have prepared this dish. It was soft, juicy and with every bite, the spices just flow in. I would rate this at 9.6/10 .

The Bill
On the whole, my meal today was just awesome. Every food item tried was simply perfect and the prices were just so reasonable. I would definitely love to come back and try more of their other Nasi Kandar items. This place definitely scores well and has come in to my list of top 5 Nasi Kandar restaurants in the Klang Valley. 

Address: 52, Jalan PJS 11/28A, Sunway Metro, Bandar Sunway, 
                46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment