Wednesday 26 July 2017

Sate Yus Kajang @ Kajang, Selangor

Kajang is a town that is famous for Satay and most often, it's the big names like Willy and Haji Samuri that are repeatedly visited by outsiders. I have also tried to do my part by introducing a number of other good Satay places in Kajang that are patronised by the locals and this entry is about one more such place. 

Satay Yus In Sungai Ramal

A Pretty Large Restaurant

Teh O Ais
Satay Yus is the only Satay place that is open 24 Hours daily and this restaurant is located right beside the Medan Selera Sungai Ramal which is where Willy Satay is located. Most people who come from Kuala Lumpur end up visiting Willy Satay simply because they do not know about the existence of these other satay places. Come to think of it, if they could be open 24 hours daily for years now, think about the reception that they have been getting from locals. Business is very good and it does take a while for you to get your satay. Of course not up to an hour like Willy Satay but the longest that I have had to wait would be around half an hour. Besides Satay, they do have a number of other dishes as well and for breakfast, items like Roti Canai and Nasi Lemak are also available. Of course, Satay is one that is available round the clock. I was here this evening and while waiting for my satay, I ordered the above Teh O Ice which was perfectly fixed. Not too sweet which is just to my liking and with reasonable amount of ice. My rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Chicken Satay @ RM 1.00 each
After a 30 minute wait, my satay finally arrived. Delicious looking satay was served with a generous portion of peanut dip sauce. This is the only place that I have come across that is so generous with it's peanut sauce. 

Only Lean Meat Is Used
The Satay is very good and comes with only lean meat. The marination is slightly sweet and mildly spicy, a different variant to the rest recipe wise and the meat is so juicy. For me, the marination was so good that I could go on having this without the peanut dip sauce. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Peanut Dip Sauce
The peanuts are not ground finely and you do get mildly coarse crunchy peanut bits in the sauce. The dip sauce itself has it's own taste and is quite different to the rest. Not too sweet and not spicy, it has just the right blend that goes very well with the marination. And the fact that they are so generous with the dip sauce is one thing that won my heart. My rating for this shall be 9/10 as well. 

Despite there being many big names in the Satay Kajang scene, Sate Yus has got a following of it's own. They are the only ones who operate 24 hours daily and they serve delicious satay that is lean and juicy. The taste differs to the rest and that is another reason why I love this satay so much. Besides this, their Peanut Dip Sauce is another one that is amazingly good. Very generous with their serving as well. If you're looking for an alternative to Willy Satay and Haji Samuri, this would be a fantastic place to visit. 

Address: Beside Medan Selera Sungai Ramal, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Open 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment