Wednesday 17 January 2018

Velan Curry House @ Kajang, Selangor

Velan Curry House is a South Indian Restaurant that had started sometime in the month of December, 2017. This restaurant is located in Taman Kajang Prima, just beside the Chinese Food Court. One good thing about this place is that parking is quite easily available, both on weekdays and weekends. 

Velan Curry House in Taman Kajang Prima

My Lunch @ RM 10.00
We were here slightly after the usual lunch hour and many of the food items had already been sold out. Business seems to be good and that is a positive indicator that the food has got to be good too. Anyway, whatever that was left over seemed more than enough for us and so we decided to continue having lunch here. The restaurant itself is very clean and the waiters were very helpful and friendly. Chicken and Fish are fried on request. As for my selection of items, I went for some rice, Fish Curry, Goat Intestine Perattal, Murunga Keerai and Chicken Varuval. This whole lot cost me a mere RM 10.00 which is definitely a fantastic deal. 

Fish Curry

Goat Intestine Perattal
Their Fish Curry was definitely good. It came with lots of brinjals and okra which was just perfect. The flavours were just right as well. My rating for this shall be 7/10. Their Goat Intestine Perattal was good too. The cuts were just about the right size and the gravy was good. It would have been better if the gravy was thick. Nevertheless, the preparation was nice and my rating for this shall be 7/10. 

Murunga Keerai

Chicken Varuval

Fried Tenggiri Fish @ RM 5.00
Murunga Keerai is something that is hard to find these days and I was happy that I could get it here. It has definitely been a long time since I last had this and for me, it was a treat. The preparation was also nice and my rating for this shall be 8/10. Their Chicken Varuval was just okay. The meat cuts were perfectly sized and the masala was good too. The only setback was that it had a little too much salt and that was a put off. For me, I would only rate this at 5/10. The Fried Tenggiri Fish was excellent. It was freshly fried on request and we get to choose the cuts. The marination was good and the fish was crispy on the outside and hot and juicy on the inside. 9/10 would be my rating for this. 

In summary, Velan Curry House does serve some delicious South Indian food and the variety that they have is quite impressive. If you're coming for lunch, I would suggest coming before 12 noon as their food tends to get sold out rather quickly. Another thing that I have got to highlight is the very reasonable prices and excellent customer service. 

Address: Jalan KP 1/2, Taman Kajang Prima, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0800 - 2200 Daily

2 comments:

  1. https://createeathappy.blogspot.in/2016/06/aji-no-nanbanzuke-horse-mackerel.html?showComment=1526454515905#c421136629567812615 Japanese Noodles in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sunder here can u call me 0104482121 tq

    ReplyDelete