Sunday 21 April 2013

Bavarian Bierhaus @ The Curve, Petaling Jaya

Bavarian Bierhaus is definitely a name that is familiar to all beer and pork lovers out there. This place is famous for those two things. Being located at The Curve, it definitely attracts a great crowd of both expatriates and office goers working around this area. It has been some time that I had come here, the last was perhaps two years ago. Recently I had come across this voucher from Groupon which seemed like a pretty good deal to me which I had then purchased.

Bavarian Bierhaus at The Curve

Outdoor Seating Areas

Outdoor seats for smokers

Lovely indoor ambiance 

The Interior of the restaurant

Waiting for our meals
The deal from Groupon was priced at RM 48.00 which included a huge Pork Platter that comes with an assortment of meat and soup. I purchased one of the vouchers and as many of you are familiar, I had to call in 4 days in advance to book my seats for the selected date. At first I was turned down for the date in mind as the booking was already full and I had to schedule it for the next week.With the booking done, we head there the following week. The good thing is that the timing is quite flexible and so we chose to come in only at 2 pm to avoid the usual traffic heading into The Curve. As you can see from the above photographs, the place has both indoor and outdoor seating spaces. For those who smoke, the outdoor seating space and the bar counter are the only options available but they are well spaced and covered from sunlight. The indoor space has a dark effect to it, perhaps that is how the Germans would love it. Coming back to the day, we walked in and was greeted by a waitress and then I handed her my Groupon Voucher and she counter checked with the bookings which were recorded in a book. I was surprised by the take up rate, there was at least 50 people that had booked in for that day. I had a chance to go through the rest of the days and there must have been at least a thousand such vouchers sold. Guess we were not alone. We were then ushered to our table and handed the menu for us to choose our drinks. Of course the drinks were not included in the voucher and it is an out of pocket expense. Nevertheless, to those who would like to try their German Beers, I was told that for Groupon customers, they offer Happy Hours price all day long but it is limited to around five or six beer variety.

The Menu

Bora Bora Brew @ RM 13.90
The above was my drink. Gosh I do not know what was inside but some kind of cranberry drink which had a striking taste of sourness to it. But it was nice and very refreshing. I think it was worth the price and I would rate this drink at 9/10 .

Pineapple Sunshine @ RM 13.90
Angie ordered the above drink. It was typically a Pineapple based drink with a number of other ingredients added into it. I never really took note of the ingredients in the menu card but it was a great drink. Between this and the previous, I would prefer the previous. However, I would still rate this drink at 8.8/10 .

Pumpkin Soup...part of the Groupon Deal
The service here was very efficient. Though there were only two people manning the entire floor space and one another at the drinks bar, they were very efficient. I received my drinks promptly and shortly thereafter we got our soup. It was hot, fresh and delicious. I must say it was surely made from fresh ingredients as opposed to the canned ones. I would rate this Pumpkin Soup at 9.2/10 .

Pork Platter @ RM 48.00

Sauce Topping For The Mashed Potato
Although from the photograph the above Pork Platter may seem small, it was really huge and was a little too much for the two of us. It really took us a while to finish it, but seriously was a heavenly Pork galore. It contained 150g of Bavarian BBQ Pork Sausage, 50g Cheese Bratwurst (Pork Sausage with Cheese) , 50g Tocino Sausage (Pork Sausage with Spices) , 125g Pork Belly, 3 x 70g Streaky Bacon (Grilled Pork Bacon), 175g Pork Schnitzel (Boneless Pork Coated in Flour, Mashed Eggs & Bread Crumbs), 175g Grilled Pork Chop, 50g Sauerkraut (Fermented Cabbage) and 75g Mashed Potatoes. I must say that every one of those items were excellently prepared and these guys surely take their pork seriously. I would rate the above platter at 10/10 . Although it was just too much protein to consume at one sitting, but hey it does no harm to have all those cholesterol once in a while. For a value price of RM 48.00 for the above dish and the soup, it is definitely a good buy.

The total meal today cost us RM 80.25 including the drinks and it was worth every dime spent. I would surely look out for more deals coming this way from this particular restaurant. Thank you Groupon for this excellent meal we had. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Address: Lot G 66, Ground Floor, Western Courtyard, The Curve,
                No. 6, Jalan PJU 7/3, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 7728 8269

Opening Hours: 1200 - 2330 (Sunday - Thursday)
                           1200 - 0030 ( Friday - Saturday)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BavarianBierhausThecurve


2 comments:

  1. Yes, Bavarian Bierhaus always serve the food in US style portion of food to fullfill the price you pay as well make sure the quality is there for our customer, please do also give comment at http://malaysiafood.org/bavarian-bierhaus/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bavarian Bierhaus for the encouraging comment. You guys did indeed provide some good food.

      Delete