Thursday 4 April 2013

Nasi Ayam Sungai Buloh @ Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh, Sungai Buloh

Initially I had wanted to head out for some Japanese Food and since my brother suddenly popped by late morning and since he is usually not in favour of Japanese food, we decided to try this Chicken Rice outlet in Sungai Buloh New Village which I had wanted to try for some time now.

The Restaurant at Sungai Buloh New Village
Having been in business at this premises since 1993, this restaurant is located on Jalan Public, two doors away from Restaurant Kong Mah which is famous for it's Dim Sum and is right opposite the wet market. It is not difficult to locate this place.The potential problem here can be parking as there are not many proper bays and you would need to park along the narrow roads. Just be cautious of the traffic that can come from all directions.

Full House During Lunch
We were lucky to get a bay right in front of the restaurant as a car was just heading out from that lot. Since it was lunch hour, the restaurant was quite full and we had to wait around five minutes to get a table.

Ordering Our Meals
Well, this place surely gets a good response both from the locals as well as people like me who come looking for this restaurant. This lady was definitely very busy and yet she was nice to accommodate my questions and suggest dishes that we should order and the specialties here. The good thing that I observed from the owners and staffs working at this restaurant is that although they tend to be extremely busy, they are not showing it on their faces and they greet and welcome all guests with kindness and a friendly approach. I then confirmed my orders with this lady and then head back to my table.

Iced Herbal Tea
Within two minutes from my order time, we had received the drinks and that was pretty fast. I ordered some Herbal Tea while my brother had some Chinese Tea. The Herbal Tea was nice though not thick. I prefer it to be thick yet I would rate this drink at 8/10 .

Ginger Rice
The above Ginger Rice was very unique. I just asked her briefly later after the meal how they make their rice. I was informed that they boil it with a mixture of sliced ginger, planta, garlic and onion oil. No wonder it tastes very delicious. I must say that this place follows the authentic methods of the Hainanese. No wonder they have been in this business for the past 20 years and this is excluding the previous generation who was also in the same trade. Their rice surely deserves a score of 9.5/10 . It also comes with the Ginger and Chili Paste. In most other places, you get either Chili Paste and/or Ginger Paste. Here they are both mixed together and it gives a great taste to it. Their Ginger & Chili Paste deserves another 9.5/10 .

Bean Sprouts
This was another excellently prepared dish here. I was told that their bean sprouts are delivered daily from Ipoh, Perak. They were just about the right size and delivered an excellent juicy yet crunchy taste with every bite. I would rate this again at 9/10 .

Steamed Hainanese Chicken
Their Hainanese Chicken was excellent again. I observed that they use medium birds instead of the large ones. Generally I was told that to give the best taste, their birds have to be around 2 to 2.5 Kg's each and should not be greater or smaller than that. Another point of observation was that even after it being cooked, just before it was delivered to the customers, she would slice them and then boil them again for a brief moment in the soup. Must be a secret technique that is deployed here which I have not seen elsewhere. This chicken deserves a rating of 9.5/10 . For your information, they do not sell any other types of meat here. Even roasted chicken is not available. For the 45 minutes that I was here today, she had at least sold out around 10 to 13 birds and that was how fast they were clearing off.

Soups And Their Own Special Meat Balls
We also opted to try their meat balls. The whiter one is their fish + squid balls and the darker one is their pork balls. The Squid + Fish Balls were extremely soft and lovely. Even steamed Tofu can be harder than this and it was delicious. Their Pork Balls were good too. I would rate these at again 9.3/10 . A must try item when you are here.

Lunch Done
Overall, it is a great place to have your Hainanese Chicken Rice fix. All their offerings are delicious. Surely worth the drive to come here and give this place a shot. The meal is also relatively cheap and our lunch today cost us RM 20.00 .

Address: No. 29, Jalan Public, Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh, 
                47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 2030 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment