Thursday 25 April 2013

Stadt German Cuisine & Bistro @ Bandar Puteri, Puchong

I was in Bandar Puteri, Puchong today to meet up with my brother and since it was around 9 pm, we decided to head for dinner and that is when he suggested this place called Stadt German Cuisine & Bistro which is within the locality. He informed me that the food is pretty good and that this is one of his usual joints to have a decent western meal and good German beer. As he was very optimistic about the place, I decided to just tag along.

Stadt German Cuisine & Bistro in Bandar Puteri, Puchong
This outlet is located around the shop units that are located along Citibank, quite close to Giant Hypermarket. When we arrived here, it seemed that the place was buzzing.

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant
This shop occupies two floors. The lower floor is for the diners and the first floor was purely a watering hole. On the Ground Floor, there were just a few tables that were occupied but the first floor was almost full house. It seems that the crowd in Puchong patronise this place as it is conveniently located near their homes. The other option would be for them to head into the city which again is pretty far and risky, specifically after a few beers.

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The Menu was quite comprehensive with a number of German dishes. Mostly, they were Pork based dishes, typical German food. The above photos is just a few pages from their extensive menu. However, I did find their staffs to be a little rude, one specifically to be precise. Though they were attentive, they did not display any basic level of courtesy. All of them were Filipinos and specifically one particular Filipino waitress who was attending to customers was particularly discourteous. The Filipino guys in the bar however were very friendly. I would just like to say to this girl that if you do not intend to attend to customers, there is always someone else who needs your job more than you do and if this attitude prolongs, I am sure there would be a lot of disgruntled customers. Even as we ordered the dishes, she did not advise us on the portion size and we ended up ordering five peoples meal for two and I completely blame this on her.

Hoegaarden 1/2 Pint @ RM 14.90
My brother ordered his favourite Hoegaarden  Beer and at RM 14.90 per half pint, it is surely cheap and this too at non Happy Hour rate. I did try a sip and the beer was ice cold and as fresh as fresh can be. Definitely worth it.

Coca Cola @ RM 3.90
As I had a long drive back, I decided to just stick to a Coca Cola.

Pork Knuckle With Glazed Honey @ RM 43.90

Close Up of the Pork Knuckle
This dish was really huge. It would be good for three people. I just wished that the waitress had advised me that this is a huge platter that would be sufficient for three. The dish however was excellent. The Pork Knuckle was excellently cooked to perfection. The honey had coated the dish well and it was heavenly. It reminded me of a dish that I had had in Germany some time ago. Please bear in mind when ordering that this would be good for at least three. Nevertheless, this was a great dish and was excellently prepared. I would rate this dish at 9.5/10 .

Lamb Boneless Meat @ RM 26.90
My brother ordered this dish and I did get to try this. I find the Lamb to be well done. In fact, it tasted more like Lamb Stew. My brother informed me that for this dish specifically, they steam the lamb until it breakdowns to almost like the stew and then it is garnished with the dressing and sauce. It was surely not the typical Lamb Chop as they have that as a separate dish and this was something unique. For those who love Lamb Stew or Corned Mutton, this would give a similar taste to it. I would rate this dish at 9/10 .

Spicy Sliced Sausage @ RM 14.90
This was another interesting dish that we had. Honestly, this deserves to be more of a side dish to accompany drinks. Although the name suggests that it is spicy, it was nowhere near spicy. In fact, I would find this to be absolutely not spicy and this is by my standards which may vary to others. Nevertheless, the taste was still nice. I would call this dish as Mushroom Sauce Sliced Sausages. From a taste perspective minus the spicy factor, it was a good dish. I would rate this at 6.8/10 .

On the whole, this is a decent place to have a good German dinner in Puchong. Our bill for the night came to RM 121.20 . This includes a Service charge of 10% and Government Tax of 6%. I just hope that the staffs pick up on their service levels and the rest would fall in place and they would find more customers coming in to dine as well.

Address: 50 & 50-1, Jalan Puteri 1/4, Bandar Puteri,
                47100 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 0100 Daily

Telephone: +603 8063 5380 & +6012 272 7092

Web: www.stadt.com.my

Email: stadtp@streamyx.com


4 comments:

  1. Had a bit of a disappointing experience on my last visit but decided to give it another try and went to book lunch for the family and in-laws for father's day . . .
    Two Germans just finished their lunch with two local business colleagues and were complaining about the food and service (I'm German, so could understand what they were saying)
    After we had booked a table the waitress told us that for father's day there would be a limited menu . . . and showed us what it was . . . simply amazing in a bad way. Almost no choice, high prices and when I asked if we could bring my father's favourite wine she said the corkage would be RM50!!!!
    $50 for corkage?

    Oh, and for all the trouble neither waiter/ress smiled at us once, nor were we greeted when entering

    Never, ever again. Never. I own a restaurant, among other things, and I hope the place goes under because simply everything is wrong and I'll be sure to let the German community know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Panama Hat,
      Thank you very much for your comments and it seems that I am not alone in what I had experienced at this restaurant. Typical courtesy is out, $50 for corkage...and that's ridiculous!!! and a shrunk overpriced menu on an occasion night is another scam. Sad that these things do happen. The thing that most of these restaurant operators do not realise is that it is not all about price, when everything is right and the dining experience has been great, we do not mind paying an upside. On the contrary, when nothing is right, we would not part a penny with these guys. It is just a matter of time that these guys learn their lesson and I totally appreciate you sharing your experience with me here. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Chow Minfah for the feedback. I expected that they would eventually. None that I know had a good thing to say about this place. Once again, appreciate your feedback on the place.

      Delete