Monday 22 April 2013

Nasi Kandar Fareed Line Clear @ Bukit Rahman Putra, Sungai Buloh

Having started their business with a small stall in the middle of a parking lot, their business has grown over the years to the point that today they run a full fledged restaurant business. Restoran Nasi Kandar Fareed Line Clear is located in the Industrial Zone of SB Jaya, within close proximity to Bukit Rahman Putra. Their iconic original stall is still in business at that is located about 500 meters from this location. In fact if you are coming from Bukit Rahman Putra, you would pass their stall first before reaching this restaurant. Do not worry about the directions as once you are pretty close, there signs clearly direct you to both the stall and the restaurant.

Restoran Nasi Kandar Fareed Line Clear in Bukit Rahman Putra
Right opposite this restaurant, there is another restaurant called Nasi Kandar Fareed which signboard is quite similar to this but that restaurant has got nothing to do with this group. Perhaps they have named their restaurant such just to steal some of these guys success in attracting crowd. This restaurant is famous for their Nasi Kandar which is authentic to the Penang style. Having based in the middle of an industrial zone, most of their customers are the factory workers and of course, you have people like me who travel a distance is search of good food.

Indoor Seating Area

Indoor Seating Area

Outdoor Seating Area
This restaurant occupies a corner unit and their seating areas are segregated into two sections. This may sound strange as it even did to me when I heard it the first time. They actually charge different prices based on where you sit. If you sit outside, it is standard price and if you sit inside under the fan, they charge a slightly higher price. I have never seen this practiced anywhere else.

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.30
The moment I took my place, I was attended to by a waiter and I placed order for my drinks. I had the above Teh O Ais which was quite good. I would rate that drink at 8/10 . Then I went over to the food counter to check out their food for myself which has been spoken about in great lengths by those who have visited here.

The Food Counter

Food & Rice Counter
These guys definitely have a great collection of dishes. First thing that I would like to mention is their rice. Here as you can see from the above photograph, they have three different varieties of rice, white rice, Nasi Kandar which is yellowish in colour and Briyani Rice. I have not seen this Nasi Kandar i.e. the yellowish rice sold anywhere outside of the old shops in Penang. Even if you head to the famous yet new ones in Penang, they still only serve the white rice and briyani rice. The original Nasi Kandar has to be served with this yellow rice and it was a pleasant surprise that I found it here in Sungai Buloh after all these years. As for their curries, they had a unique offering similar to the authentic ones found in Penang. My favourite dish is the duck curry and that too was available here. Besides these, their crab curry and fish egg curry are also worth trying. I picked up my dishes along with that Nasi Kandar, got the bill for the meal and then head back to my table. As expected when the guy was summing up my bill, he had asked where I was seating and I knew exactly why.

My Meal @ RM 7.00
The above dish includes the Nasi Kandar i.e. yellowish rice, a piece of Duck Drumstick, Papadam, Long Beans and mix gravy. The meal was absolutely heavenly. Their rice, curries and the duck curry was made to perfection. Every bite was delicious and the duck was cooked to just the right level with the meat being tender and soft. I would rate the above dish at 10/10 and definitely worth the price of RM 7.00 .

Fried Chicken @ RM 3.50
I also then added on with a piece of Fried Chicken which cost me RM 3.50 per piece. Their pieces are pretty big and I do not find the price to be expensive. The chicken was well marinated and it was decent in taste. I would rate the above Fried Chicken at 7.5/10 .

The Endorsement From Jalan Jalan Cari Makan Team
My total meal cost me RM 11.80 . Overall, the place is worth the travel if you want to have a good, authentic and cheap Nasi Kandar meal without having to travel up to Penang. I have not found similar quality Nasi Kandar in Kuala Lumpur and this includes the shops along Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Even there, they do not serve this yellow rice. This place is surely worth a visit.

Address: No.1, Jalan BRP 8/1D, Bukit Rahman Putra,
                47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6156 1786  (They also do catering for functions)

Opening Hours: 0600 - 0000 Daily
                            Closed Between 1230 - 1430 on Fridays for prayers



No comments:

Post a Comment