Monday 5 August 2013

Medan Selera Happy Satay House @ Ujong Pasir, Melaka

Located on Jalan Ujong Pasir, is this small food court called Medan Selera Happa Satay House. This is located right after the Petronas Station (assuming you are heading to Bandar Hilir), directly opposite the 7 Eleven and right beside the Sikh Temple. Though there was a much larger food court just a few doors away, I wanted to try this place as I heard that their Pork Satay is quite good. 

Happy Satay House along Jalan Ujong Pasir, Malacca

A decent number of stalls
When we arrived here, the place was rather quiet with a few patrons who seemed to be frequent visitors to this place as the stall operators seemed to mingle with them on a friendly basis as opposed to just a customer. There were not too many stalls here compared to the other one that is few doors away. Merely a handful of them that were opened tonight. But it was just right for us. Once we got our place, I then walked around to see what's good and placed the orders.

Satay Stall

Pork Satay @ RM 0.60 each

Slightly Sweet & Spicy Gravy
The very first stall is the above Satay stall and since I was advised that the Satay here is good, I decided to order a small portion of this. They serve Chicken, Pork, Liver and Intestine Satay and they are all priced at RM 0.60 each. I went for the Pork Satay and the delivery was quite fast as I was the only customer then. The Pork Satay was definitely quite soft and tender, better than the ones that I have tried in Kuala Lumpur. The Satay scores a rating of 9/10 .  The Peanut Sauce was a little different. It was lighter, much lesser peanuts, had ground onions in it and was on the less sweet but spicy side. To me, this seemed a little odd and I did not quite enjoy it. Based on my preference, I would rate their gravy at 6/10 . Nevertheless, the Satay was good. 

The Stall Selling Oyster Eggs

Fried Oyster with Eggs @ RM 5.00
The Fried Oyster Eggs were really nice. The egg was done slightly crispy and the oysters were still juicy. A perfectly done dish and it was a mere RM 5.00 . My rating for this dish shall be 9.5/10 .


Char Kuay Teow Stall

Char Kuey Teow @ RM 3.50
The CKT stall was run by a very old couple. I must confess that this was surely one of the top five CKT that I have ever had and it was merely RM 3.50 . It was loaded with cockles, eggs, fish paste and bean sprouts and was all in all heavenly. Though I requested for less spicy, it was still on the spicy side. Nevertheless, it was really good. I would recommend one to just go to this place and try this dish and you would not be let down. This dish scores a perfect 10/10 .

Portuguese Grilled Fish Stall

Portuguese Grilled Fish @ RM 13.50
This stall was run by a Portuguese couple and their price is by far more reasonable than what you get at the Portuguese Settlement. The food.....was really delicious. The Grilled Stingray was so tender and it was grilled with a banana leaf and aluminium foil wrapping. The dish was not dry and it came with some super spicy gravy which was absolutely delicious. I really enjoyed this dish and this is another highly recommended dish here. It surely scores a perfect 10/10 .

On the whole, this place does have some great food and I am not sure why this place is not as crowded as the other place and the only reason that I can think of is greater variety on the other side. Food wise, they were all very good and it is surely a place that I would visit in my next trips to Malacca.

Address: Lot 130, Jalan Ujong Pasir, 75050 Melaka, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1700 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment