Tuesday 6 August 2013

Yong Peng Fish Ball @ Melaka Raya, Melaka

Another day of food discovery in Malacca it was for me. This time, I am heading over to a place called Yong Peng Fish Ball Restaurant which is located in Melaka Raya. I have read a lot about this place on the internet and there has been so much mixed reviews. Some claimed that this place was very good, some were saying that the owners are very arrogant and some were even saying that the place was very dirty but I'm putting all this aside and going ahead to discover this place today. 

Restaurant Yong Peng Fish Ball in Melaka Raya

The Owners Busy Preparing the Orders

Interior of the Restaurant
This place is very easy to locate. As you drive along the main trunk road in Melaka Raya, after 500 meters, this restaurant is located on your right. They have such a huge sign that one would not be able to miss the place. To me, this place seemed reasonably clean contrary to many of the blogs that I had found on the internet. Perhaps they have up'd the bar on cleanliness recently. The owners were there right at the entrance preparing some of the orders and I took a place outside as it was not hot and it was quite breezy. Inside the restaurant, you would see loads of newspaper write ups on this restaurant and their fish balls. Another point to note is that they are open 24 hours a day, every day which is great.

Choose Your Own Items

The Dishes Are Listed on the top

The Curry Looks Really Great
As I seemed like a tourist, the owner approached me and assisted me with the orders. He told me what is good at their place and what seems to sell well in terms of food and drinks.They do have a limited number of dishes but some of their dishes are dishes that you do not get elsewhere making them really unique. Once again, the owners seemed pretty nice to me. I am not sure what triggered the many negative comments about them but I found them to be nice. Although their Curry Mee seemed really good, I was in the mood to try their Fish Balls and preferred to have them in clear soup. With my orders settled, I head back to my seat waiting for it to be delivered.

Their Menu & Pricing
The menu is being displayed at the restaurant along with the pricing information.

Herbal Tea @ RM 3.00
This is one of their specialty drinks which was recommended to me. It is their own home made Herbal Tea which has been infused with so much more ingredients that you may commonly find. I must say that this is the best Herbal Tea that I have ever tried. Though priced slightly on the higher side, it is surely worth it. I would give this a 10/10 .

Mixed Yong Tau Foo @ RM 9.80

A Closer Look At My Meal
I took one of everything that they had to offer and a little extra on the fish balls. Firstly, their clear soup was really good and was very low on Ajinomoto. It was really delicious and I am sure it was made with some chicken stock. The low Ajinomoto levels gives the soup a very clear feeling and doesn't make you thirsty. Now the fish balls and all their other items were absolutely great. The fish balls were so soft so much so you feel that they just gently dissolve in your mouth. Their other items which includes their Fuchok, Stuffed Tofu and many more were also very soft and fresh. I found them to be really good and I would rate them all at 10/10 .

Overall, I would say that this is a good place to visit if you are looking for a good Yong Tau Foo meal and great fish balls. Besides those, they also have an array of other great dishes that comes at a very cheap price. Having kept opened 24 hours a day, this place is also great to visit when you need a simple, cheap but delicious supper. Definitely a recommended place! 

Address: No. 555, Melaka Raya, 75000 Melaka.

Telephone: +6013 726 0666 & +6016 284 4466

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily


No comments:

Post a Comment