Friday 13 September 2013

Ogawa Japanese Kitchen @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

Ogawa Japanese Kitchen is another Japanese restaurant that is tucked in one corner of Plaza Mont Kiara. It is located in Block A of Plaza Mont Kiara, just beside Starbucks. It is also good to mention here now that this Japanese restaurant has a Halal status too as they do not serve pork on their menu. This was the last remaining Japanese restaurant in Plaza Mont Kiara which I had not tried till date and decided to try this place out today. 

Ogawa Japanese Kitchen in Plaza Mont Kiara

The Side Entrance Facing the Courtyard

The Individual Bar Seats

Indoor Seating Area
This place surely emanates more authenticity than other similar restaurants in this area. They have four different seating areas here. One small area which is quite open facing the courtyard of Plaza Mont Kiara, The individual bar concept is another seating area available for individual diners. There is another indoor seating area as well as another private area that is available on the upper platform. As I was alone today, I decided to sit by the bar.

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

Hot Towel
Once I took my seat, I was immediately attended to by the waiter. I was very pleased with the efficiency and  quick response received from the waiters. Though being foreign workers, they were able to greet in Japanese and understand all the items in the menu without a problem. This just shows both their dedication and the training given. Even before handing the menu, they always place a hot scented towel for customers to refresh themselves and then the menu is handed over. Their menu definitely has a lot of specialty and fusion dishes. I was told by the waiter that the chef here is Japanese and as such, you are able to get a number of authentic dishes here including many rare items. After having gone through the menu, I realised that their price is on the high side compared to other Japanese restaurants within the same complex but if they have a Japanese chef, then surely the preparation must be very good and we as customers are always willing to pay a premium for good food. 

Japanese Genmai Tea @ RM 2.00
They serve two variety of tea's here. Genmai Tea is served at RM 2.00 and Green Tea is served at RM 5.00 . Both tea's comes with unlimited top ups. Besides tea, they are well stocked with a huge variety of Sake's and Japanese beers.  

White Rice

Miso Soup
Here, you could order the above White Rice and Miso Soup individually or you could choose a main dish and upgrade it to set and thus you get the above two. The Miso Soup was definitely very well prepared and I enjoyed it very much. I am not sure how much it would cost if ordered on it's own as I did not take notice of that. To me, I would rate this Miso Soup at 9/10 .

Tori Karage Set @ RM 25.00
This was the main dish that I had ordered and I upgraded it to the set. As a stand alone dish, it would have cost me RM 18.00 and as a set, it cost me RM 25.00 . I have tried this Tori Karage in a number of places but somehow I like the preparation here. I feel that the meat is very tender and the spice and flour coating is just perfect. I would rate this dish at 9.5/10 .

Saba Shioyaki @ RM 19.00
This Saba Shioyaki dish here was also very well prepared. It was definitely a very huge portion for the price paid and the most important thing is that the fish was very fresh. With it being fresh, the juices in the fish were all lovely and intact. Even without the lemon, the fish was so good to be eaten on it's own. Definitely a very well prepared dish. I would rate this at 10/10 .

As I came alone, I could only try the above dishes though I would have wished to try more. In a nutshell, though the price here is a little higher, the quality of the food served is also a notch higher. Their Shashimi's also seemed very fresh although I did not try them, I was able to see them being prepared right in front of my eyes on the same counter by another chef. In my opinion, this is definitely a very authentic Japanese restaurant that serves great, fresh food.

Address: A-G-03, Block A, Plaza Mont Kiara, Jalan Kiara 2, 
                Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6201 0211

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 1200 - 1600 & 1830 - 2300
                           Saturday 1800 - 2300
                           Sunday Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment