Monday 2 September 2013

Restoran Ali Maju @ Pusat Bandar Damansara, Kuala Lumpur

Many of you may think why I am blogging about this very ordinary 'Mamak' restaurant as it is commonly known in Malaysia as these restaurants offer pretty much the same items across their menu. This restaurant in return, has something on it's menu which is fairly good and that is their Rojak. Being Malaysians we all know what Rojak is and this is one of those places that serve good Rojak. 

Restaurant Ali Maju in Pusat Bandar Damansara

Interior of the Restaurant
This restaurant is part of a huge chain of restaurants and mini markets. This particular outlet is located in Pusat Bandar Damansara, right opposite the entrance to HELP University and along the same row as Giant Hypermarket. They occupy two shop lots and operate 24 hours daily. They have a great variety of food here right from their usual rice and curry, to western food. Being a Mamak restaurant, I would definitely not try their Western Food as I am quite picky when it comes to taste. Their rice and curry too looks substandard to me and there is nothing great to shout about. But one point to mention here is that they have a huge variety of vegetarian dishes being offered on a daily basis and those seemed fairly good to me. The general upkeep of the restaurant is fairly average and this would not be a great place for those who are fussy with cleanliness. Just like everyone else, as I was walking to my table, I started observing the food that people were having and the Rojak seemed pretty good to me. Once seated, the waiter attended and I placed my orders for a Rojak and a Teh Tarik.

Rojak @ RM 4.00

Another shot taken from a different angle
For a price of RM 4.00 per plate, their Rojak came loaded with a whole load of quality stuffs. There were loads of the Rojak cakes, some crackers, a full boiled egg and vegetables. Their peanut gravy was on the mildly sweet and spicy side. This is definitely one of the good Rojak's that I have tried in the Klang Valley and I felt that it is worth blogging about it. Definitely something that I would recommend to others and my rating for this dish would be 9/10 .

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.50

Teh Tarik is always best had at Mamak Restaurants and this restaurant is no exception either. Their Teh Tarik is pretty good and is well balanced between the amount of tea leaves used and milk and sugar.Priced at RM 1.50, I feel that it is quite reasonable for Damansara. I would rate their Teh Tarik at 9/10 .

Overall, this is a rather decent restaurant which serves selectively good food. Although I mentioned that their rice and curry is rather average,their Rojak is definitely worth trying. Having open 24 hours daily is surely another plus point for this place. 

Address: Lot C-6, Block C, Level 1, Pusat Bandar Damansara,
                50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 2093 4163 



No comments:

Post a Comment