Thursday 27 November 2014

Restoran Bisto Cafe @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Having started sometime in February this year, this restaurant called Bisto Cafe has gained popularity among the locals in Tanjung Malim. Today, this is the most frequented Tamil restaurant in town. I have always been their loyal customer every time I am back in town. I did blog once about their non vegetarian fare and this time, shall be blogging more on their vegetarian food. This restaurant is located in Taman Bernam Baru, along the stretch of shops facing the main road.

Bisto Cafe in Taman Bernam

Bisto Cafe in Taman Bernam
Having started by two sisters who have no prior experience in the food business, this restaurant has been growing pretty well. Their secret is simply providing home cooked taste at very reasonable prices. This restaurant caters from breakfast to late tea and is closed for dinner. It would have been great if dinner was served too but due to the lack of staffs, they are unable to continue till late hours.

Curries Station

Curries Station

Today's Special, Kirai Kadayal
Many of the students from the University have their lunch here. In fact, compared to their dine in's, most of their customers do take away's. Many of the residents in Taman Bernam too come here to buy curries. Daily, they have different specials of the day and today it was the above Kirai Kidayal. Their daily specials are usually cooked in Claypots. Some days, they have Egg Kulambu, Karuvadu Kulambu, Onion Kulambu, Venthayam Kulambu and etc. In order to get a good spread, do come early. Best to be here around 12 noon as by 2 pm, most of the dishes would have been sold out. Besides eating on the plate, they also have Banana Leaf options available. But this does not follow the concept of Banana Leaf Meal where you get to enjoy unlimited rice and vegetable. It is just that leaves are provided at no additional charges if one prefer to have their lunch on a Banana Leaf. 

My Lunch @ RM 3.50

My Lunch @ RM 3.50
I just love Kirai Kadayal and when I saw that this is available today, I took a large serving of rice with lots of Kirai Kadayal and two pieces of Tofu Sambal. It is just RM 3.50 . The Kirai Kadayal was simply awesome and it was finger licking good. I would rate their Kirai Kadayal at 10/10 . The Tofu Sambal too is one of my favourites here and I would rate it at 9.5/10 .

My Mom's Lunch @ RM 4.00

My Mom's Lunch @ RM 4.00
My Mom went for a slightly bigger spread. This comprised of Rice, Sambar, Kirai Kadayal, Thovayal, French Beans, Egg Sambal and Meal Maker prepared with Sambal. The Egg Sambal was really good and I would rate it at 9/10 . The Thovayal is another item that is worth mentioning. If you fancy that, then it is a must try item here and I would rate it at 9.5/10 .

My Dad's Lunch @ RM 4.00

My Dad's Lunch @ RM 4.00
Generally here, regardless of the items taken, it is generally RM 4.00 for a vegetarian meal and I find it to be quite reasonable. Just by looking at the number of items that my Dad had, I feel that it is quite a reasonable price and the taste is just awesome.

Rasam & Papadam

Rasam
Rasam and Papadam is provided complimentary. Their Rasam too is good and is delicious to be drank on its own after a hearty lunch. I would rate their Rasam at 8.5/10 .

Coffee @ RM 1.00
Every time we come here, we never fail to have their coffee after our meal. The coffee here is very good, prepared similarly to those Indian restaurants in Brickfields. I would rate their coffee at 9/10 .

My Dad's Meal @ RM 4.00

My Dad's Meal @ RM 4.00
This is from the next day's lunch when we went there again. Today's special was Onion Kulambu which you would see more off from my lunch below. Again it was a delicious lunch for only RM 4.00 .

My Lunch @ RM 4.00

My Lunch @ RM 4.00
Their Onion Kulambu was filled with spices and onions and it was very good. This you can see from the amount that I have taken. One of the best one's that I have tried. Reminds me of my Late Grandmother's Kulambu. I would rate this at 10/10 . The Tofu Sambal again was very good. I also took some Fried Bittergourd which again was very good. Loved the amount of spices used to marinate before frying it. I would rate that at 9.3/10 .

This place never fails to impress me and the taste has always been consistent. If you happen to be in town and am looking for a good Tamil restaurant for lunch, then this is the place to head to. I always return a happy man.

Address: No. 15, Jalan Bernam Baru 1, Taman Bernam Baru, 
                35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 1900 Daily. (Off Days Is Once A Fortnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment