Friday 18 September 2015

D' Luscious Arabic Sandwich Fusion @ KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur

Here I am again at Kuala Lumpur Sentral and unlike my visit late last week, this time I had all the time in the world to have a slow, non rushed meal. Having not exhausted all the new outlets in the food court, I decided to head there again and try out another place. 

The Food Court Located On The Ground Floor

Quite A Number Of Eateries Here

Trying Out This Arabic Place For A Change

Other Available Dishes

Aha Sawarama!
And my chosen place of meal today was a new Arabian place that sold fusion meals. This outlet is located not too far from the entrance and is located on your left as you walk in. Just a simple set up selling a number of dishes including Sawarama. It's been a long time since I had my Arabic fix and gosh, I miss my days in UAE where I used to feast on these. 

Burgers

Chicken Wraps

Beef Sandwiches

Vegetarian Dishes

Set Meals
They had a good variety of Burgers, Chicken Wraps, Beef Sandwiches and even vegetarian items. Impressed to see that the serve the latter as well. But it was strange that they did not have any Mutton on the menu as Mutton is their staple food. Perhaps, the menu has been localised to suit our taste buds. Prices were very reasonable as well. Having had my glut mode turned on, I ordered one Chicken Burger and one Chicken Wrap. It's all self service here and I had to wait for them to prepare the dishes. After all, burger's are simple to make and it took me less than a ten minute wait. With that, I headed off to one of the tables to indulge.

Chicken Kebab @ RM 9.90

Sides

Chicken, Tomatoes, Salad & Onions

Quite A Huge Meal
For the price, I had expected them to just serve a small piece but these were quite huge and came with a decent amount of sides. I wonder why they call them Kebab here. The meat is Kebab but once it goes into a wrap like this, it is called Sawarama. Anyway, the preparation was slightly different. They had Chicken Kebab slices, onions, tomatoes and cabbage but the key ingredient of pickled gherkins were not added. The Kebab itself was quite dry and lacked flavours. The bread too was very dry and that turned the entire dish to be quite unpleasant. It hurt while chewing and all that I got was some bland taste. I really needed the Chili Sauce to go with this. I wonder how an Arab is making such bad Sawarama. Even those Arabic places in Cyberjaya serve anytime better Sawarama's than this. Edible but not one that's exciting or tasty. I would rate this at 4/10 .

Laziz Burger @ RM 9.90

Similar Sides

Anytime Juicier Meat Cuts With Cheese

Yummy

Same Chicken Kebab Cuts
The next one that I tried was this Laziz Burger. This again was prepared using the same Chicken Kebab but fortunately it came with a twist. The burger bread was horribly dry and I ended up discarding it later part of my meal when I just could not tolerate the dryness. The meat however was good. This time, they had added more sauces and some cheese into it and that gave it a different dimension altogether. Hated the bread but absolutely loved the meat/sauce/cheese mixture. As a complete package, I would rate this at 4/10 but the meat factor alone, I would rate this at 6.5/10. 

In short, didn't enjoy the meal. The Kebab itself was not quite up to the mark. A road side stall in UAE / Kuwait / Saudi Arabia would taste anytime better than this. Well, even those in Cyberjaya are world's apart. Perhaps.... if I have not been exposed to real Arabic food in the native country, I may have liked this. Just an afterthought. 

Address: My Foodloft, KL Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2300 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment