Saturday 27 May 2017

Bazaar Ramadhan Tanjung Malim @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

It's that time of the year again where our fellow Muslim friends fast during the holy month of Ramadhan. One of the perks during this season for all Malaysians is the Ramadhan Bazaars that are found nationwide bringing us a variety of delicacies from across the nation. 

Ramadhan Bazaar In Tanjung Malim
Even last year, our Ramadhan Bazaar in Tanjung Malim was so much more happening with a huge number of stalls participating. This year however, I was surprised to see that there were only close to 20 stalls and that too were repetitive from the same operators who had stalls on both sides of the street. Having checked with a few of them as to why this shrinkage had happened, that was when I came to know that the main bazaar for Tanjung Malim had been moved to Bandar Behrang 2020. 

The Iconic Karipap Sambal Stall

Selling A Wide Variety of Malay Cakes

Karipap Sambal & Popiah @ RM 0.50 each
This Karipap Sambal is one of those Malay cake stalls that opens daily in Tanjung Malim, just beside the Balai Bomba and it was good to see them have a stall here too. Unlike the usual days, they had also expanded their variety across a number of Malay cakes. If you happen to visit this bazaar, do give their Karipap Sambal a try. The Popiah Basah however was quite ordinary for me and I would probably skip that the next time. If I were to rate these, 9/10 for their Karipap Sambal and 7/10 for their Popiah Basah. 

Grilled Chicken  & Fish

Grilled Chicken & Fish

Grilled Fish @ RM 10.00

Grilled Chicken @ RM 5.00 each
Another excellent stall to try which is one of my annual routine is this Ikan Bakar and Ayam Bakar stall. They have a variety of fish to choose from but I won't say that they are cheap. Nevertheless, I do love their marination and dip sauce that is provided along with the fish. Taste wise, I would rate their fish at 8/10 and chicken at 9/10. 

Murtabak Stall

Murtabak Ayam @ RM 3.00 each
Since there wasn't much variety, I had no choice but to try this Murtabak. Their Murtabak Ayam was priced at RM 3.00 but honestly, it was a waste. I could not get any taste of chicken and it was predominantly Roti Telur. If you were to ask me, I would recommend skipping this as well. Rating wise, I would give it 5/10. 

Overall, it is sad to see this Ramadhan Bazaar shrinking by the year and it just doesn't make any sense why Tanjung Malim's Ramadhan Bazaar has got to be relocated to a remote town 9 kilometres away which has only a fraction of the population that Tanjung Malim has. Moreover, having had only a handful of stalls, choices were very limited as well. I just hope that things turn out to be better next year.

Address: Along Jalan Douglas, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1500 - 1900

No comments:

Post a Comment