Saturday 6 May 2017

Salam Noodles @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

I am a fan of those hand pulled Chinese noodles and when I got to know that there is such a place in Cyberjaya, I made sure that I visit them that very day itself. Salam Noodles has two outlets in Cyberjaya, one in CBD 2 and another in Shaftsbury Square. This outlet that I have visited is located in Shaftsbury Square. 

Salam Noodles Located Above Dave's Deli

Indoor & Outdoor Seating Areas
I have seen their outlet in CBD 2 which is a very huge one. Similarly, this one too is quite huge and they occupy two shop units. For them to do so, they must be doing very well and the crowd that I see daily at this place is plain testimony to how well these guys are doing. In Shaftsbury Square, they are located on the First Floor, right above Dave's Deli. Both indoor and outdoor seating areas are available. 





My Bill For The Day

Free Drinks On The House
Though noodles are their specialty dish, they focus only on Northern Chinese Cuisines, which is somewhat a niche market. Majority of their dishes are noodle based, some rice dishes one or two dumplings and satay. In terms of meat, the majority in equal proportion is beef and mutton and a small number of dishes carry chicken. Yes, I was surprised to see mutton in that list. Apparently, the food from this region in northern China uses mutton quite a bit. The noodle variety looked very unique as well, most of which I have not come across. This is a semi self service restaurant. You would have to go through the menu, tick the food items in the chit given and then walk up to the counter to pay for them. Them, you'd be given a number and the food would be sent over to your table. And if you spend more than RM 8.00 , you're entitled to go for the free flow of drinks which again is self service. They had three or four drinks to choose from and I went for Sarsi. Pretty good and not those watered down versions. If I were to rate this drink, I would give it 8/10. 

Mutton Curry Soup Noodles @ RM 8.50
Well, we are usually accustomed to curry or plain soup noodles and perhaps the other variations like Prawn Mee, Loh Mee, Lam Mee etc.but never did I even imagine in my wildest dream that there would be noodles in soup served with Mutton Perattal. 

The Noodles Were Soft and Amazingly Good

Mutton Was Awesome
The soup itself had a very 'Mainland China' taste to it which is something that I love. In addition to it, the Mutton Perattal along with gravy that was added to this bowl of noodles was just mind blowing. Such a power packed combination that was absolutely heavenly. Not forgetting the handmade noodles that was so soft and delicious. I would surely give this 10/10. 

Xinjiang Mutton and Chicken Roast Stick
The waiter suggested that I give this a try as well. Apparently, it is one of the top sellers here. The Xinjiang Mutton Roast was priced at RM 2.50 each and the Chicken Roast was priced at RM 2.20 each. Let me tell you that it was something else altogether. A taste that you would not be able to comprehend if you have not tasted it. Unlike any of the Satay varieties that we are used to, this was so different and tasty. Both had a spicy and salty aftertaste and the texture of the meat, even the mutton was so tender and juicy. Another must try here. I would rate the Mutton Roast at 10/10 and Chicken Roast at 9/10. 

Both the food items that I tried were excellent. Being dishes that hail from Xinjiang province in Northern China, it is not like anything that we have tasted before in any of the Chinese restaurants in Malaysia. The taste was so authentic and different. The Noodles that came with Mutton Perattal inside was a shocker but it was heavenly. Similarly, their Roast Mutton and Roast Chicken sticks were absolutely delicious as well. Another must try place in Cyberjaya. 

Address: P2 - 17, Shaftsbury Square, Persiaran Multimedia, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor. 

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment