Thursday 25 May 2017

Restoran Chennai Spice @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Chennai Spice Restaurant is one of the most frequented day to day South Indian restaurants in Cyberjaya. Due to the variety of dishes that they have, right from an array of food items for breakfast, to Banana Leaf Meals for lunch and a variety of tiffin items for dinner, these people have gained a prominent place for themselves within the Indian community in Cyberjaya.

The Restaurant Along Jalan GC 9, Cyberjaya

Clean and Wonderful Customer Service
This restaurant is located along Jalan GC9, on the Glomac Cyberjaya area and is open 24 hours daily. That is another reason why they are very popular. Since there are many call centres here that operate round the clock, this is just the perfect place for those who want to have meals even after midnight. Not only that, most of the dishes are freshly prepared based on orders and that is something that customers look out for. Prices are quite reasonable too. The restaurant itself was clean and brightly lit up and the overall environment seems inviting even from the outside. 

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.70
Before even checking out their curry station, I found a place to sit first and ordered myself a cup of tea which was priced at RM 1.70 . Since I was here during lunch hours, there were many that were hogging that area and I wanted the crowd to ease before checking the dishes out. Alternatively, for those who want to go light, they have a variety of South Indian tiffin items that are mostly found in Tamil Nadu, all freshly made to order. Their Teh Tarik was good, not too sweet and perfectly balanced. I would rate this drink at 9/10. 

My Meal @ RM 16.00
Once the crowd cleared, I went over to the curry station to check what was available and it was a pretty impressive spread even at this hour. Right from simple dishes to crab and a variety of cuttlefish dishes, it was definitely very inviting and they all looked good. Fried items are fried upon request as well and you get to choose the meat cut of choice. I had Rice, Cauliflower Pakkora and Mutton Perattal. This lot cost me RM 10.00 . The Egg Curry with one egg cost me RM 1.00 and RM 5.00 for the Fried Tenggiri Fish. Despite seeming to be quite high for a single meal, I did find it to quite reasonable, especially looking at the cost breakdown. 

Cauliflower Pakkora

Egg Curry

Thick Gravy With Lots of Egg
Their Cauliflower Pakkora was decent. Despite being fried earlier in the day, it still was quite crispy. The only setback would be the lack of spices. I think they had only marinated it in turmeric and salt. It would have been better if they had used chili powder as well. My rating for this shall be 7/10. Their Egg Curry was very good. I am sure you could see the generous amount of egg used and it surely enhanced the taste. The curry itself was thick and sufficiently spiced. I would give this 9/10.  

Mutton Varuval

Fried Tenggiri Fish
Their Mutton Varuval was pretty good as well. Less bones and it came with more lean meat. The mutton were just the right sized cuts and they were perfectly done. Not too hard and not too soft, just about right in terms of chewiness. A good one to have here and I would rate this at 8/10. Their Fried Tenggiri Fish was excellent. Since it was freshly fried to order, that surely boosted the taste. Not only that, the chef himself fried this for me and he made it just perfect. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. One that deserves 10/10. 

My Bill
Despite having been charged RM 16.00 for this meal, I found it to be quite reasonable. Rice plus Cauliflower Pakkora and Mutton Varuval cost me RM 10.00 , the freshly Fried Tenggiri Fish cost me RM 5.00 and the Egg Curry RM 1.00 and that sums it up to RM 16.00 . Food was good and some dishes like the Egg Curry and Fried Fish were very good. For a 24 hour Tamil restaurant, I would say that they do have a wonderful variety of dishes freshly served round the clock. Definitely a good place to have South Indian meals in Cyberjaya.

Address: No. 10, Jalan GC 9, Glomac Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Open 24 Hours Daily

2 comments: