Monday 2 October 2017

Restoran Patong Seafood @ Kajang, Selangor

I have driven past Patong Seafood numerous times in the past and the restaurant had always been full house. In my mind, this was one of those must visit places since they are located pretty close to where I stay. Most often, I had already had my dinner elsewhere and by the time I had got back, I'm kind of too tired to head out and explore new food places. This evening, I had a meeting around this area and having done by 7 pm, I decided to drop by for an early dinner. 

Patong Seafood Located Along Jalan Seksyen 3/5, Taman Bukit Mewah

Very Cosy Set Up

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.50
The set up was quite impressive and it was not like the majority of Kelantanese restaurants that are quite bare in design and comes with colourful walls. Both indoor and outdoor seating were available and since it was about to rain, I decided to sit indoors. The decoration was amazing with TV's located in all corners. Service was speedy as well and there many people who were taking orders and these were all systematically managed in a queue. In less than 5 minutes, my drink arrived. I had ordered a glass of Ice Tea and this was priced at RM 1.50 . Reasonable pricing and it was pretty good. My rating for this drink shall be 8/10. 

Kailan Ikan Masin @ RM 5.00

Ayam Masak Pedas @ RM 5.00
Their Kailan Ikan Masin was nice but it would have been better if the greens were fresher. Nevertheless, taste wise I have to confess that it was delicious and they were quite generous with the Salt Fish. Ayam Masak Pedas was equally good and it was decently spicy. Decent portions of chicken and the flavours were good. I shall rate these dishes at 7/10 for the previous and 8/10 for the latter. 

Tekur Dadar @ RM 1.50

Sup Tomyam Ayam @ RM 5.00
Telur Dadar had sufficient amount of salt but it was a tad too oily. could easily fry another egg which just the oil that was on that plate. This overly greasy feel gave it an unpleasant taste as well. My rating for this shall be 5/10. Chicken Tomyam Soup however turned out to be pretty good. Despite being stingy with the chicken, they did not skimp on the ingredients used to make the soup and it was so good. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

I wouldn't say that the food here was mind blowing. However, the Chicken Tomyam Soup and the Ayam Masak Pedas were two dishes that stood out. The other dishes that we tried still have lot's of room for improvement. On the other hand, the place itself is very cosy and extremely clean. Prices are reasonable despite having spent huge amount of money on the renovations and the service levels were extremely good. Definitely a decent neighbourhood restaurant to visit. 

Address: 7, Jalan Seksyen 3/5, Taman Bukit Mewah, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 1700 - 0200

No comments:

Post a Comment