Sunday 3 December 2017

Indian Food Stall No. 14 At Food Court Jalan 51A/223 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor

If you could remember about three months back, I blogged about an Indian Food Stall from this food court (Stall No. 12) which I felt that it did serve some delicious South Indian food. Since I was in vicinity, I returned to this place this afternoon but was sadly informed that it was the off day for that stall. But there are a few more South Indian food stalls in this very same food court. Since my preferred stall was not open, I decided to give this Stall No. 14 a try. 

Stall No. 14

My Lunch @ RM 6.00
This stall too had a good variety of dishes, both vegetarian and non vegetarian but the kind of crowd that you would get at Stall No 12 was not seen here. In fact, it was merely less than half the usual crowd of that other stall despite that stall being close for the day. That in itself was an indicator for me but since I was already here, I decided to just go ahead with my meal. I took some Rice, Sambar, Nethili (Anchovies) Sambal, Prawn Sambal and some Stir Fried Potatoes. This whole lot cost me RM 6.00 which is cheap. Most restaurants would charge you a bomb the moment you touch prawns or squid. 

Sambar

Nethili (Anchovies) Sambal
Their Sambar was thick and came with lots of potatoes but taste wise, it was just so so. I felt that it lacked spices and in that sense, there surely lot's of room for improvement. My rating for their Sambar shall be 6/10. Their Nethili Sambal was extremely salty. For the record, I am one who loves a little extra salt but this was way too much. It was almost torture having attempted to finish this. My rating for this shall be nothing more than 3/10. 

Prawn Sambal

Stir Fried Potatoes
Their Prawn Sambal was another flop dish. Firstly, the prawns itself wasn't fresh and that was a huge let down for me. Secondly, taste wise, it was nothing great either and I would say that it was pretty bland. 4/10 would be my rating for this preparation. Their Stir Fried Potatoes was again too salty. It was so salty that I could not pick up any other taste from it. Even the potatoes were not totally well done. 3/10 shall be my rating for this preparation. 

I usually try not to run down food outlets but the food from Stall No. 14 at this food court was sincerely bad. The food was either too salty or totally bland. I doubt I would ever return to this particular stall again despite their prices being very reasonable. 

Address: Along Jalan 51A/223 (Opposite Gribbles), 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 0800 - 1500 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment