Sunday 10 December 2017

Restoran Hashima Maju @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Restoran Hashima Maju is not a new restaurant. This restaurant was previously located in Taman Anson. After the recent U Turn closure by the town council, business had been down and they had recently moved their business to Taman Happy Garden, which is right opposite the main entrance to UPSI. 

The Restaurant in Taman Happy Garden, Tanjung Malim

A Simple Indian Muslim Meal
This restaurant belongs to the eldest grandson of the famous Ghani family. Bahari, who is also a close friend of mine abstained from using the Ghani legacy name and wanted to build an empire of his own. That is something that we should respect. Coming back to this restaurant, they are open from breakfast till dinner and they serve the usual Indian Muslim fare. This afternoon, I dropped by for lunch not knowing who the owner was and when I saw Bahari, I was confident that this restaurant would do fine. As for my lunch, I went for some Rice, Fish Curry, Chicken Varuval and Cabbage Perattal wnd this meal cost me a mere RM 4.50. Very reasonable I felt. 

Fish Curry

Chicken Varuval
Their Fish Curry was decent. I liked the fact that he had added some potatoes giving it a slightly different twist in terms of flavours. Nevertheless, it did taste good and my rating for this shall be 7/10. His Chicken Varuval again was nice. A mix of bones and meat were found but you're free to choose the cuts that you like. Only complaint would be that it was slightly on the oily side. Taste wise, it was surely nice and my rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Cabbage Perattal

Teh O Ais
The Cabbage Perattal was slightly overdone. Otherwise, it was okay. I would give that 7/10 as well. Their Teh O Ais was good and my rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Restoran Hashima Maju does offer some good food at reasonable prices. For people living on this side of town, it is now very convenient that they are open in Taman Happy Garden and that means that we don't have to drive into town every time we want to have some Mee Goreng or Rojak. Besides all the standard offering, he also has Cendol and Ais Kacang as well. 

Address: Jalan HG Utama, Taman Happy Garden, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 0800 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment