Thursday 17 May 2018

Hong Kong Roast (Stall 12A) in Food Junction @ Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur

It's been ages since I visited Mid Valley Megamall and I happened to be here today as I had to attend an exhibition that was happening at MVEC. Since I was alone, I did not want to give any one of those restaurants a try as there is a limit as to what I could eat. That being the case, I checked out the food court called Food Junction that is located on the 3rd Floor of this mall. 

Stall 12A, Hong Kong Roast

Roast Meat Variety
All the stalls here are Halal certified and they have a very good spread. Name the cuisine and you'd be able to find a stall here that sells that particular cuisine. The place was also pretty clean and just like any other food court, it's pretty much self service here where you'd have to go to each stall and place your orders. This particular Roast Meat stall looked attractive to me. Moreover, they had Wan Tan Mee and I wanted something that was not too heavy and this was just ideal. 





The variety on their menu was excellent. Roast Duck, Roast Chicken, Braised Chicken and BBQ Chicken were available and you could have them on their own or a variety of combinations to choose from. This covers both with rice as well as with Wan Tan Noodles. 

Pickled Chilies

Clear Soup
Once you place your orders, you pay for them and wait till the dish is prepared. Then you carry it over to your table. This particular stall even had pickled chillies that is almost a mandatory thing to have with Wan Tan Mee. My only grievance with regards to their chilies is that it's slightly too thick a cut. Otherwise, it was fresh and nice. Their clear soup was decent as well. If I were to rate this, my rating shall be 6/10. 

Shrimp Wan Tan Noodle @ RM 7.90
I went for their Shrimp Wan Tan Noodle set and it was priced at RM 7.90. Fairly reasonable price for a mall likeMid Valley and the portion was huge. Surprisingly, the noodles were really good. In fact, it was better than many of the places that deem to make some super duper Wan Tan Mee. Even the Fried Shrimp Dumplings were tasty. And what adds to the taste is the freshly fried dumplings just as you place your orders. Very impressive preparation and my rating for this shall be 8/10. 


If you're trying out the Food Court in Mid Valley Megamall, I would recommend going for this Shrimp Wan Tan Mee from Stall Number 12A. Truly excellent preparation and it's even better than  some of those famous restaurants. Fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. Definitely one that I would recommend. 

Address: Stall 12A, Food Junction, Level 3, Mid Valley City, 58000 Kuala Lumpur.

Business Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment