Sunday 6 May 2018

Myra's Mexican & North Indian Restaurant @ Kuala Lumpur

Myra's Mexican & North Indian Restaurant started some time in June last year and they are located inside the very same building that Holiday Inn Express occupies. In fact, there are a number of restaurants that are attached to this hotel and this one is the furthest one which is closer to Holiday Inn Express. 

Interesting Combination Of Cuisines

Promotion Of The Day


A Page From Their Menu

Mineral Water
Interestingly, their combination of cuisines, Mexican and North Indian seems to be pretty amusing to me. I guess, they must be having chef's from both geographies and hence this unique offering. The restaurant has a very posh set up and it almost looks like a night club setting, except that it operates daily from 11 am till midnight. Their menu had a decent spread of dishes from both continents and being in a prime location in Kuala Lumpur, their prices were premium too. Service was amazing and their waiters were a class of their own. 

Plain Naan (RM 7 each) & Butter and Garlic Naan (RM 8 each)

Mutton Vindaloo @ RM 30.00
Their Naan varieties seemed good and we had ordered some Plain Naan as well as Butter & Garlic Naan. The previous was priced at RM 7 each and the latter was RM 8 each. Both breads were soft and good and most importantly, they were served hot. My rating for both bread varieties would be 8/10. Their Mutton Vindaloo was another good dish. Mutton chunks were cooked with potatoes and comes in a mildly spicy thick gravy and is priced at RM 30.00 . Portions wise, it's definitely pricey but looking at the location, I would say that it's acceptable. Taste wise, my rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Dal Tadka @ RM 19.00

Malai Kofta @ RM 27.00
Their Dal Tadka was decent. I won't say that it was really impressive, but acceptable quality. My rating for this shall be 7/10. Their Malai Kofta was also above average taste and again, my rating shall be 7/10. 

Sliced Onions, Chilli and Lime

Pudina Chutney

Masala Tea
We had also ordered a very traditional preparation of sliced onions, lime and chillis that is native to Punjab and I was told that it is a must to have this in most meals. I tried it too and absolutely loved the combination despite it being me first time giving that a try. Their Pudina Chutney was also nice. It was thick and adjust the right blend of ingredients. My rating for this shale 8/10. To round up our meal, we had ordered a Masala Tea each. For me, this was just okay as I have tasted way better ones. The Masala was a little too mild for me as well and my rating for this shall be 6/10. 

In summary, I find the food here to be quite decent. Their breads were good but the curries could have been better. For a meal for three which comprises of a mix of breads, 1 Mutton dish, 2 vegetable curries and 3 Masala Teas, I find the price of RM 164 to be slightly on the high side. Nevertheless, the ambiance was lovely and their customer service was excellent. 

Address: Holiday Inn Express, No. 84, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur.

Business Hours: 1100 - 0000 Daily

2 comments:

  1. Visit the best Indian Food restaurant in Chingford, named Mumbai Maska and order your favourite Indian cuisine at a sustainable cost. I and my family often visit there and enjoy quality time with delicious Indian cuisine.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Awesome post. I have one restaurant and its name is thebangaloredhaba restaurant So i take care about of this things and applied it
    North Indian Restaurant in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete