Thursday 3 May 2018

Restoran Curry Leaf @ Seremban, Negeri Sembilan

Restoran Curry Leaf is one of the very famous South Indian restaurants in Seremban. I have been here many years back, perhaps that was sometime when they had first opened this restaurant and the food was pretty good. If you're wondering that the name sound familiar, yes, they also have another outlet which was opened much later in Damansara Utama. Having had some very good food here years back, I decided to drop by for lunch hoping that the quality would be consistent. 

The Restaurant Located Along Jalan Rasah

My Lunch @ RM 8.50
The place was reasonably crowded when we arrived. We were not in the mood for a Banana Leaf Rice Meal and decided to go for the plate. Their variety on offer was good and it seemed to be selling fast as well. I went for some rice, Thannichaar, Potato Brinjal Stir Fried, Sura Puttu (Meen Varai), Chicken Perattal and a glass of Rasam. This lot was very reasonably priced at RM 8.50 . For the variety that I had taken, I would say that their prices are quite cheap. 

Thannichaar

Potato & Brinjals Stir Fried
Unfortunately, their Thannichaar was just okay. I felt that taste wise it was rather bland and lacked the flavours that I had expected. My rating for this shall be 6/10. Their Potato & Brinjals Stir Fried however was good. Not too greasy and the masala was just right. I would rate the latter at 8/10. 

Sura Puttu (Meen Varai)

Chicken Perattal
Their Sura Puttu was again nice. The fish was soft and the anticipated flavours were intact. I would rate this at 7/10. Their Chicken Perattal had the right blend of spices and the gravy was thick. However, it was a tad too salty and that put me off. As for their Chicken Perattal, I would rate this at 4/10. 

Rasam

Iced Moor @ RM 2.40
Their Rasam was good, I mean really good and I loved the bold flavours. Absolutely perfect to have just after the meal. My rating for this shall be 9/10. Similarly, their Iced Moor was good too. RM 2.40 for a glass which I felt was quite reasonable. Again, 9/10 shall be my rating for this drink. 

After almost a decade, I returned hoping for the very same taste but unfortunately, I am not able to say that all that I had tasted this afternoon was good. Some were good, some were decent and some could have been better. Prices were reasonable though and their service levels were efficient.

Address: 1274, Jalan Rasah, Bukit Rasah, 70300 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 0700 - 2300 Daily 

No comments:

Post a Comment