Thursday 5 July 2018

1977 New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice @ Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur

It has indeed been a very long time that I visited 1977 New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice. As I was in Mid Valley Megamall this afternoon, I discovered that they have an outlet here. Since I am already here, I decided to drop by. 

The Restaurant At The Top Level

Their Brand
This outlet is located on the top floor, very close to the entrance to the Mid Valley Convention Centre. Although the restaurant is not too big, it's definitely sufficient to accommodate their usual flow of customers.  





Their offering is rather limited and is around their signature items which is good and for customers convenience, they have bundled these into a number of sets. Prices are not cheap and so I am hoping that their quality would remain the same. 

Chili Paste

Sugar Cane
I went for the set that comes with Rice, Steamed Drumstick, Sugar Cane Juice, Bean Sprouts and some Pork Balls and it was priced at RM 22.00 . Their Chili Paste was nice but it could have been better if it was a little more spicy. My rating for that shall be 8/10. Their Sugar Cane Juice however was just so so and a tad too diluted. My rating for this shall be 5/10. 

Yellow Rice

Bean Sprouts
Their Yellow Rice was nice but I have definitely tasted better ones. In fact, it used to be much better years before. My rating for this shall be 7/10. Their Bean Sprouts were so so too. They should have added more flavours to it. 6/10 would be my rating for this. 

Steamed Chicken Drumstick

Pork Balls
Sad to say that their Steamed Chicken Drumstick was nothing close to what it used to be and I am confident that I can get better ones at day to day Chinese restaurants. That definitely only deserves a 5/10 from me. Their Pork Balls however were good and that deserves a 7/10. 

Overall, I feel that the quality here has dropped compared to what it used to be. Prices are premium too. Their Steamed Chicken was sadly not up to the  mark and so were their Bean Sprouts. Nothing great in terms of service levels too. 

Address: T-013D & 016, Mid Valley Megamall, 58000 Kuala Lumpur.

Business Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment