Tuesday 10 July 2018

Bay Leaf Curry House @ Kajang, Selangor

Having heard that a new South Indian restaurant had opened up in Kajang town, I made it a point to visit them this afternoon. I for one am a person who loves a good Banana Leaf Rice meal and whenever there is a new place that opens up, I would make it a point to visit them and share my findings.

Bay Leaf Curry House in Kajang Town
Unlike many other restaurants that I have shared in Kajang, this restaurant however is not located in a residential area. They are located right in the heart of Kajang town along the busy Jalan Sulaiman. This area is almost like a little India with many shops that sells spices etc. Parking is definitely a challenge here and traffic is busy almost all day long. But if you're willing to go around in circles, then I am sure sooner or later, you would be able to find a bay. 

My Lunch Price At RM 6.50
We were here slightly after the usual lunch hours and their spread seemed just okay. Not much choices in terms of vegetarian as well as non vegetarian spread but I am assuming that they may have been sold out by the time we had arrived. The curries looked decent and nothing spectacular. So I went for some Rice, Chicken Perattal & Curry (from the claypot), Fried Potato and Petai Sambal and this lot was priced at RM 6.50 . This set came with some Rasam as well. Prices are definitely very reasonable but again, I have not tasted the items yet.

Petai Sambal

Chicken Curry
Their Petai Sambal was nice. It was fresh and the beans were not overdone. Flavours were decent too. My rating for this preparation would be 8/10. Their Chicken Curry that I had taken was from the claypot and I found it to be decent as well. Decent flavours and it was thick and nice. 7/10 shall be my rating for this. 

Curried Chicken

Fried Potato
Their Curried Chicken which again was from the claypot was decent as well. Meaty chunks and the spices were decent. 7/10 would be my rating for this. My brother went for their Mutton Perattal but seriously, that was below expectations. I had tasted that and in my opinion, that only deserves a rating of 5/10. Their Fried Potato was decent as well and my rating for this shall be 8/10. Do note that most of the dishes here are on the spicy side. 

Rasam
Their Rasam was decent too and again, this would be one that I would rate at 7/10. It could have been better with more spices.

To summarise my dining experience, I would say that their prices are quite reasonable but the food could have been better. Decent food for sure but there is room for improvement. If you're looking for a quick meal, that this might be an option. 

Address: No. 38, Jalan Sulaiman, Bandar Kajang, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0730 - 2200 Daily 

No comments:

Post a Comment