Saturday 14 July 2018

Ratha Banana Leaf Cuisine @ Kajang, Selangor

Ratha Banana Leaf Cuisine is a South Indian Restaurant the has recently opened up in Kajang. They have taken over the previous Ravi's Banana Leaf Restaurant. This would be my second visit here. Previously, I had visited them for lunch and was very happy with the food. That entry is something that I have shared about a month back. Having been in the vicinity, we were looking for a good place to have some tea time snacks and this place came to my mind and here we are again.

Ratha Banana Lead Cuisine in Taman Jelita, Kajang

Indoor & Outdoor Seating Areas Available
It was mid afternoon when we arrived and even then, there was a decent crowd at the restaurant. Since it was a little hot, we decided to sit indoor instead. I walked around to see what was available for tea and they had a good range of Palagaram's (South Indian Cakes) on offer and along with that, Spring Hoppers (Idiyappam) too. 

Idiyappam & Masala Vadai
Idiyappam is something that is not easy to get in Kajang and almost impossible to get in Tanjung Malim. That being said, it's something that I have not had in a very long time. So, I decided to go for 4 pieces of that, some Sambar, Fish Curry and a Masala Vadai. 

Idiyappam & Sambar
Their Idiyappam was of a reasonably huge size and the texture was really soft and nice. Not the coarse dry type that isn't to my liking. I would rate their Idiyappam's at 8/10. Their Sambar was excellent. If you remember from my previous blog post about this place, their curries were amazing and I'm truly glad that the quality is consistent. Even today, their Sambar was really thick and delicious and my rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Idiyappam With Fish Curry

Masala Vadai
Their Fish Curry was equally good as well. It had all the right spices and the taste was what we had expected it to be. Taste wise, I would rate their Fish Curry at 8/10. Their Masala Vadai was good as well. Crispy on the outside, non greasy and loaded with spices. Do note that this is slightly on the spicy sideandmay not be suitable for those who can't palate spicy food. For me, being one who loves spicy food, it was a treat and my rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Besides Basil Leaves Restaurant, Ratha Banana Leaf Cuisine would be another ideal South Indian Restaurant in Kajang to visit for a good tea time spread. Excellent variety, reasonable prices and truly good food. Convenient parking too. 

Address: No. 1, Jalan Jelita 3, Taman Jelita, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0600 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment