Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Olive Tree Mediterranean Cafe & Bar @ Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang

This entry is from one of the restaurants in the Satellite Terminal, Kuala Lumpur International Airport. As I have a flight to catch this afternoon, I had to check in quite early at the airport and hence have had to have my lunch here. This restaurant is located at the International Departures Satellite Building. It took me some time before deciding on the restaurant today. I had walked in and out of a number of restaurant only to find that it was very warm inside and the ventilation was quite bad. As the outside heat was really consuming me, I wanted a place that was well ventilated and was happy when I found this restaurant.

The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant
This restaurant is located on the 2nd Floor of the Satellite Terminal towards the southern end. I liked the design of the restaurant and it was very spacious and clean. This was more of a restaurant cum bar, nevertheless it's pork free. Their menu was mainly offering Mediterranean dishes which covered a whole range of food from grills to pizzas. Here you would have to walk up to the counter, place your order, pay the bill and then collect your drinks. It is very much a self service restaurant except that the food is delivered to your table. Just as is required, I did the needful and paid the bill. Then I got a seat at the far end of the restaurant near the air condition duct. 

Cutlery

Apple Juice @ RM 18.30
 As the drinks were already prepared when I paid the bill, I grabbed the drinks myself from the counter. I ordered the above Apple Juice which was priced at RM 18.30 . Expensive, yes it was but this is the airport rates and I guess it is the same anywhere in the world. The apple juice was nice and chilled which went well with the weather. Just the right panacea needed for this weather and I finished it in just two gulps. I would rate this juice at 8.5/10 .

Mediterranean Pizza @ RM 23.30

Closer Look At The Pizza

The above pizza was pretty huge and would satisfy heavy eaters like me. Priced at RM 23.30, I feel that it is quite reasonable bearing in mind the size, taste and quality of ingredients. The dough was also very soft and nice and was baked to just the right level. It was also rich in cheese and would be a sure treat to cheese lovers. I would rate this pizza at 9/10 .

All Set To Depart Now With A Full Stomach
On the whole, this is surely a good place to have a meal when you are at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. I find that their food is much cheaper compared to the other restaurants in the terminal. It is also clean and well designed. Though my total meal came to RM 41.60, I feel that it was totally worth it.

Address: D 27, Level 2, South Zone, Satellite Building, International Departures,
                Kuala Lumpur International Airport, 64000 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily


                

No comments:

Post a Comment