Sunday 18 February 2018

Chicken Rice Stall Along Jalan 51A/223 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor

I happened to visit a client of mine this afternoon who is located along Jalan 51A/223 and I discovered that there is this new Chicken Rice stall that had just opened up in recent months. Being a curious foodie, I decided to check them out. 

Located Next To The Old KFC Building

The Signage Outside The Building

Just A Humble Stall With Some Outdoor Tables Under A Tent
This stall is located in the building which is next to the old KFC Holdings office. It is just a humble set up with some outdoor tables under a tent. There is a small signage hanging outside the building that informs customers about the recent opening of this stall. 

My Lunch @ RM 7.50
They had Roasted Chicken, Char Siew and Siew Yuk. I was curious to try all three meats and went for a little of each. As a set, it was priced at RM 7.50 which I felt to be quite reasonable. Do note that this is a self service stall, so you would need to place your orders, pay for them and bring your dishes with you to the seating area. Well, there was just two guys manning this stall and for the crowd that they had, you can't be expecting them to provide table service to all. 

Rice with some Gravy

Roasted Chicken
The rice was nice, not to say the best that I have tried but it was of reasonably good quality. The expected tasted was there and I would say that the gravy was good too. My rating for their Rice shall be 8/10. Their Roasted Chicken however wasn't that great. I enjoyed the crispy skin but the meat itself could have been a little more moist and juicy. My rating for this shall be 6/10. 

Char Siew

Siew Yoke

Chili Paste
Their Char Siew and Siew Yoke were up to my expectations. In fact, I enjoyed these more than the Roasted Chicken. My rating for these meats would be 8/10. Similarly, the Chili Paste provided was very good. It had that blend of sourness as well as a spicy aftertaste. Again, 8/10 for this. 

If you happen to be along Jalan 51A/223 and want to try a new place for lunch, you might want to check out this new Chicken Rice stall that is located right beside the old KFC Holdings office. His preparation is quite decent and I specifically enjoyed his Char Siew and Siew Yuk. Reasonable prices too and worth giving a try. 

Address: Along Jalan 51A/223, Seksyen 51A, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Business Hours: 1100 - 1500  

No comments:

Post a Comment