Friday 29 March 2013

Gobo Chit-Chat @ Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

Here I am at Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur for an early morning meeting and this meeting is happening over breakfast. Well, the person I am meeting is staying here and as he had the breakfast chit for two and since he was alone, he had invited me to join in for breakfast.

Gobo Chit-Chit at Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Entrance to the restaurant
I believe a number of restaurants at this hotel is called Gobo followed by another name, The coffee house is named it Gobo Chit-Chat. Not sure why the word Gobo is used so many times though. Well, this restaurant unlike most coffee houses in hotels is not located on the Ground Floor. It is located on the Fifth Floor. My friend and I met up just outside the restaurant and then we head on in. At the entrance as usual, the breakfast chits were surrendered and they had asked us there if we would like coffee or tea and we placed our orders. We then walked in and picked our table.

Inside The Coffee House

To be placed next to your plate if you do not want it to be cleared

Coffee and Tea served at the table

Once we got to our table, they then sent over a pot of coffee and another pot of tea. It's good that they are giving us abundant quantity and placing these pots on the tables instead of having someone walk around and continue topping up the customers cups. We then took turns to explore the breakfast offerings.

Cereals

Quiches, Bacon and other items

My First Helping
Well, there was a lot of food offered here for breakfast to the point that you can get confused what to eat. I just grabbed a few things and head back to the table to resume the discussion. From the first helping, I would say the food was surely good.

Samosas & Curry Puffs

Cheese & Pickles

Cold EntrĂ©es 

Cakes & Buns

Noodles Station

Dumplings

Pastries

My 2nd & Final Round
Well, I must say they have a great variety. Even at this point I had not fully walked throughout the dining hall. Surely as this was official, I cannot keep my friend waiting too long. Having that in mind, I quickly head back to the table with just the above and we continued the discussion. I am not sure how much they charge for breakfast but it is surely worth it. At sharp 10 am, they announce that the buffet would be closed in 30 minutes and at 10.30 am, all the items were already cleared. The staff too are very efficient and attentive to customers needs. Definitely a great dining experience.

Address: Gobo Chit-Chat, 5th Floor, Traders Hotel, 
                Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours For Breakfast : 0600 - 1030

Telephone: +603 2332 9888

No comments:

Post a Comment