Saturday 23 March 2013

Kozee Home Delights Cafe & Restaurant @ Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Kuala Lumpur

I stumbled upon this restaurant by chance. Having set my mind on a different restaurant, I arrived here just to find that that restaurant was closed for the day. Since I was already at this locality, decided to make do with whatever else that was available and that is when I found this restaurant. This is a Halal Chinese restaurant and even as I walked in, there were quite a number of Muslim friends having their dinner here.It seems that this restaurant is run and manned by a young couple and I believe they do all the chores themselves, from what I had observed.
Kozee Home Delights Cafe & Restaurant
Finding this place is quite easy. It is just a few doors away from the famous Pizza Hut of Taman Tun Dr Ismail.

The Outer Smoking Section

Interior of the restaurant

Interior of the restaurant

The Smoking Section
The restaurant is divided into two separate areas. There is a small section devoted to the smokers and a larger inside seating for non smokers. Once I was here, I was ushered to my table by the husband and then was handed over the menu.

The Menu

The Menu

Cutlery
The menu was a simple 2 page menu but it did contain quite a number of dishes. Most of the dishes were of the noodle style. I then asked the boss as to what he would recommend me and he suggested that their Fish Head Noodles here are quite good and so I went along with that. I also ordered another side dish to go with it. Lets see how their Fish Head Noodles turns out to be.

Hot Nescafe @ RM 4.00
I ordered Nescafe for my drink and this was pretty good. Tastes quite similar to that made at the Mamak restaurants. Though the price is a premium, I guess that is what you pay for an air conditioned restaurant but still, it was not too much to pay for. I would rate this drink 8/10 .

Fish Head Noodles @ RM 8.50
I was quite surprised with their Fish Head Noodles. It was pretty good. The soup was nice and tasted just about right and it had a balanced amount of shredded ginger, milk and tomato's in it. Overall a pretty decent dish. I would rate this at 8.5/10 . It definitely is not the best that I have tried but surely a good preparation. And for the price of RM 8.50, it is worth it.

You Tiou with Fish @ RM 6.80
This was a unique dish that I have not tasted anywhere else. It is You Tiou stuffed with Fish and then deep fried. I found this to be a little hard to the extent that it was hurting my gums as I was trying to chew it. The taste was okay, a little on the flat side with a tinge of saltiness. The sauce that was provided for this was also a notch too sweet. I would only rate this at 4.5/10 .

Contact Details

Contact Details

The bill for today came to RM 20.25 as they charged a 5% service charge here. Overall, this place is nice, clean and efficient. The Fish Head Noodle was good but the other dish I tried was just average. I guess you must be selective in the dishes that you order here. Overall, a decent dining experience.

Address: 31, Jalan Wan Kadir 2, Taman Tun Dr Ismail,
                60000 Kuala Lumpur.

Telephone: +603 7722 4898 & +6012 3271 360

Operation Hours: 0900 - 2230 Daily.
                              Closed 1st & 3rd Monday of the month.



No comments:

Post a Comment