Tuesday 26 March 2013

Robert's Penang Fried Kueh Teow @ Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya

Restaurant Choy Kee is just like any other common Chinese restaurant. This restaurant is located in Damansara Jaya and along the same row as the cybercafe's and Restaurant Busy Corner. It is the further block of shops, corner lot and facing a car mechanic outlet. The specialty of this restaurant is that the famous Robert's Penang Fried Kueh Teow has a stall here too.

Restaurant Choy Kee in Damansara Jaya

Simple Interior
Just like other typical Chinese Restaurant, this restaurant is quite simple in it's layout. Drinks are sold by the anchor tenant and the other stalls here are a Chicken Rice stall, Mixed Rice stall and Robert's Penang Fried Kueh Teow.

Robert's Penang Fried Kueh Teow Stall

I think this is Robert's Brother in Law
This stall is located on the right side of the entrance. I am not sure who this is but it is the same guy who used to man the stall in Section 17. Have they moved to this stall, he was too busy for me to ask that question. However, it is definitely part of the same group and this gentleman is definitely the same man who used to man the stall in Section 17. He does speak good English but was too busy today for me to pose any questions. As usual, he asked me if  pork was acceptable and the next question he asked me was if I want big or small. The final question he had asked me was if I want it normal or extra spicy. I said yes to pork which I know he meant the Lap Cheong, small dish and extra spicy was my call. With that he got to work.

Char Kueh Teow (Small) @ RM 4.50
Within 10 minutes, I received my plate of Char Kueh Teow. The bill was a mere RM 4.50 . I can see traces of White Pepper on the plate and the food. This is the first time that I sight traces of White Pepper in Char Kueh Teow. Perhaps this is his secret recipe for an excellent spicy Char Kueh Teow. Well, this dish was excellent. I would surely rate this dish at 9.5/10 .  I was more of the dry style and the 'Wok Hei' was great and intact. Prawns and Lap Cheong were also given abundantly. This is surely great CKT and today I realise why many are crazy about this CKT. The first thing that struck my mind as I was tasting this was that I must surely bring Angie here some day too. Definitely worth another visit.

Address: No. 63, Jalan SS 22/11, Damansara Jaya,
                47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 1530 Daily or until it finishes (whichever comes earlier)

No comments:

Post a Comment